Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: stealthing with a fanny pack/bum bag  (Read 12682 times)

Offline ycoop

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: stealthing with a fanny pack/bum bag
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2018, 02:58:15 PM »
From information Ive read on this forum I’ve been able to figure out the people that are making secret recordings. Male, wearing a knit beret, and a kangaroo pouch are the people to focus attention on.

Well I guess it will now take a change in fashion choices.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 04:59:10 AM by ycoop »
Mics: Avantone CK-1s, AT853 c+o
Pres: CA9100
Recorders: DR-60d mkII, DR-2d

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2018, 03:10:42 PM »
Male, wearing a knit beret, and a kangaroo pouch are the people to focus attention on.

You win...I have to retire now.

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2018, 04:34:54 PM »
I am grateful that you all are willing to share your tactics. Would someone be so helpful to post a pic of what the whole mics on the hat, wires embedded in the collar, and recording machine in the fanny pack looks like when you are fully disguised? Like a before/after pic. I can’t tell you how helpful reading this forum is to learn how this happens and what I can look for to identify secret recording.

This right here should be enough to make people stop posting publicly about this crap.

He is right here posting in the thread and you are STILL talking about it.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • 😈
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2018, 06:02:45 PM »
I personally dont mind PMs helped me quite a bit on this subject. If you do not look legit then I don’t answer.
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2018, 07:09:28 PM »
I am grateful that you all are willing to share your tactics. Would someone be so helpful to post a pic of what the whole mics on the hat, wires embedded in the collar, and recording machine in the fanny pack looks like when you are fully disguised? Like a before/after pic. I can’t tell you how helpful reading this forum is to learn how this happens and what I can look for to identify secret recording.

This right here should be enough to make people stop posting publicly about this crap.

meh

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2018, 07:43:21 PM »

meh

One of my daughter's favorite word in MS  :D
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline DATBoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2018, 07:49:57 PM »
I don't bother trying to sneak stuff in that much anymore. Too much of a hassle. I try to stick with bands that I know that actually love me taping them. In fact, I'm seeing one play next week at the Catalina Jazz Club. Venues I don't go to or haven't been at in a while tend to make me nervous since protocol is different everywhere around this city (taping allowed/not allowed), so to avoid that hassle, the band actually said they are going to help me bring all the recording gear in with their stuff to avoid any possible problems walking in with it. Awesome folks!

Offline live2cd

• Taperssection Member
    • Facebook.
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2018, 08:14:33 PM »
From information Ive read on this forum I’ve been able to figure out the people that are making secret recordings. Male, wearing a knit beret, and a kangaroo pouch are the people to focus attention on.
whew. im safe.  ::)
DPA 4060 [CS HEB] > CS BB
CA-14 (c) > CA 9200
CA-14 (o) > CA 9200
SP-CMC-8 Cardioids (4.7k mod) > SP-SPSB-11
pri deck: Sony PCM M10 | alt decks: TASCAM DR‑2D & Sony PCM A10

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2018, 11:13:11 PM »

here ya go... go luck with your nailings...

I think I get the point but there are still plenty of places where musicians perform where taking your cell phone out during the performance will result in an usher telling you to put it away or leave immediately and therefore the audience just does not do it . In those environments tapers may not be able to easily blend into the crowd.

Old school tapers can do it without lights.  Back in the day a red light spotted on the floor was a recipe for getting busted.

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2018, 11:18:45 PM »

Aside from being male I do not fit your "profile".  Luckily I have no interest in taping at your sorry ass venue because I am sure you couldn't stop me. 

Offline opsopcopolis

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2018, 11:52:37 PM »
I wanna know what venue now

Offline relefunt

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
  • kindfulness
    • Milwaukee Taper
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2018, 01:51:47 AM »

Don't forget to inform your club manager you are busy trying to find "tapers" and not trying to break up fights or keep people away from the soundboard. Because your manager really gives a huge shit about catching the tapers.
AKG c414xls, Beyerdynamic MC930, Line Audio CM3 and OM1. Superluxe S502mk2
Sneaky: Church CA11+14, Audiotechnica AT853.
Preamps: Shure FP24, CA9200.
Recorder: Sound Devices MixPre6, Roland R05, Sony M10.
my local taping blog: milwaukeetaper.com

Offline relefunt

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
  • kindfulness
    • Milwaukee Taper
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2018, 01:54:40 AM »
Male, wearing a knit beret, and a kangaroo pouch are the people to focus attention on.

Now I have a second thought. Maybe this is an elaborate performance art thing from Dciora. Because i have trouble believing that a real security "dude" would be so openly and obviously discouraging people from sharing stealthing information. Such a despicable creature would most likely lurk very quietly and maybe ask a few polite questions.
AKG c414xls, Beyerdynamic MC930, Line Audio CM3 and OM1. Superluxe S502mk2
Sneaky: Church CA11+14, Audiotechnica AT853.
Preamps: Shure FP24, CA9200.
Recorder: Sound Devices MixPre6, Roland R05, Sony M10.
my local taping blog: milwaukeetaper.com

Offline ycoop

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2018, 02:16:52 AM »

Now I have a second thought. Maybe this is an elaborate performance art thing from Dciora. Because i have trouble believing that a real security "dude" would be so openly and obviously discouraging people from sharing stealthing information. Such a despicable creature would most likely lurk very quietly and maybe ask a few polite questions.

You know I had a somewhat similar thought today that he was a TS member’s alt account meant to convince us not to share stealth techniques.
Mics: Avantone CK-1s, AT853 c+o
Pres: CA9100
Recorders: DR-60d mkII, DR-2d

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2018, 05:20:16 AM »
i know who it is

hes more technologically advanced than you think

dude had a talking car 30 years ago
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.106 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com