Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Taping At Austin City Limits Festival 2019?  (Read 2744 times)

Offline rockphantom

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Taping At Austin City Limits Festival 2019?
« on: June 14, 2019, 02:02:38 PM »
I am on the fence regarding taping the Guns N' Roses show at the ACL Fest on October 11th. I will be there with good friends I haven't seen in 3 years.
I went to the 2011 ACL weekend and it seemed like it would be pointless to capture any band, as all of the different stage's PA systems tended to bleed into each other. I would rather spend time enjoying the company of my friends instead of focusing on getting a good capture. Quite frankly, every single GNR show since 2016 has been at least 90% identical. If you've seen one "Not In This Lifetime" show, you've seen them all. It would be nice to be able to relax and live in the moment of the gig.
If I were going to tape the ACL GNR gig, which mic should be best for this outdoor festival show? The CA-11 card, CA-14 card (with dead rat windscreens), or CA-14 Omni (with dead rat windscreens)? Feedback would be appreciated.  Thank you!
Deck: Sony PCM-M10 Preamp: Church Audio Ugly 2 Mics: CA-11 Cardioids,CA-14 Cardioids
FS: Soundman OKMII Rock Binaural FS: CA-14 Omnis.

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
Re: Taping At Austin City Limits Festival 2019?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 02:27:04 PM »
Definitely use cardioids as close as possible if there will be multiple stages playing at once. I can't comment on the different church mics as I've never used them.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
Re: Taping At Austin City Limits Festival 2019?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 03:41:04 PM »
If you feel you need dispensation to skip taping this one time, I'll happy bestow it. This is supposed to be a hobby, not a chore, and a show that will likely be suboptimal recording conditions and repetitive of other shows sounds like a reasonable time to leave the gear at home.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com