Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Zoom F3  (Read 17106 times)

Offline eman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Return of the Shredi
Re: Zoom F3
« Reply #210 on: June 16, 2022, 08:30:54 PM »
The recorder is as small and stripped down as it can be. I'm attributing any problems to my inexperience with it, and I'm sure I'll be fine. Interesting that the F8 also goes straight to phantom power and meters going. That is certainly not the case with the M10 which I'm used to, which lights up but does nothing until you hit record. Running phantom on powerup is not what I would choose- I'm sure it's draining the battery even when not recording.
Theologically speaking, the two parties have divided the Seven Deadly Sins as follows: Republicans oppose lust, sloth and envy; Democrats scorn gluttony, greed, wrath and pride. Little progress is reported. -Gene Lyons

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "and the rowers keep on rowing!"
« Reply #211 on: June 17, 2022, 09:34:51 AM »
Yes.  F8 does has a menu function that saves power by turning off phantom power while playing a file (which I have engaged), but yeah, when simply "idling" it is powered up with phantom sent to whichever channels has it engaged.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline sdbirder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #212 on: July 01, 2022, 09:28:14 PM »
Could someone please post some more Zoom F3 samples? All of the links from earlier in this thread have expired.

Cheers!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2022 Taperssection.com