Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ZOOM F8n PRO Multitrack Field Recorder - Dual ADC and 32-bit Float  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "and the rowers keep on rowing!"
Re: ZOOM F8n PRO Multitrack Field Recorder - Dual ADC and 32-bit Float
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2022, 06:40:19 PM »
Personally I'm okay with that.  I don't want to have to pull the recorder out of my bag to access the back for a battery swap while recording.  If using NP-F I'd rather use an outboard sled attached to the locking hirose power input, but I'm fully satisfied using a Talentcell into the non-locking coaxial adapter port, as I expect most tapers will be.

I really want them to fix Mid/Side monitoring and Input Trim linking though!
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Twenty8

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Union Ironwork/Union Grip Rig
Re: ZOOM F8n PRO Multitrack Field Recorder - Dual ADC and 32-bit Float
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2022, 07:44:27 PM »
In contrast, the similar Tascam DR680 "Channel Ganging" feature does allow for different trims between ganged channels.  One can gang/un-gang various channel combinations to adjust pairs in unison or the entire bunch together at any time without automatically resetting the trims and screwing up the relative balances.  If one does want all linked channel trims to be identical (say for an ambisonic microphone).  They can be set that way before linking them.
I have grown to love this about my 680mkii.

Interesting to see the changes to this recorder.  Thinking about getting a box with 32bit float so this one is in contention with the F6/MP6ii.
Open ~ Beyerdynamic MC930 and 950 : Line Audio CM3/CM4 : Busman BSC1/K3
Closed/Open ~ 2x AT853 (c,subc,o) > Sound Pro bboxes:
Pres ~ 2x Oade mod UA-5 (W+, ACM+)
Decks ~ DR680mkII, DR2d, A10, M10
Also ~ AT3031 : AT831 : Berliner CM33 : Busman BSC1/K1-4 : Line Audio OM1 : Sennheiser e614 : Shure Beta98/s

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2022 Taperssection.com