Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Schoeps CCM 4 storage ideas?  (Read 717 times)

Offline cd2go

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Strictly Slambovian
Schoeps CCM 4 storage ideas?
« on: February 26, 2022, 11:13:19 PM »
Looking for options to neatly and safely store and protect the mics as well as the hardwired cables when not in use. Currently just sitting in ziplocs  ??? My old DPA 4022 had these rectangular plastic boxes that had foam inside to put the mics and XLR ends, then you would wind the cable around the box which had a lip around the edge, those worked pretty well.

Thanks!

James
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 07:17:04 AM by cd2go »

Offline One Cylinder

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Schoeps CCM 4 storage ideas?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 01:12:51 PM »
Back when I had a pair of CCM4 I kept them in a round Tupperware storage container. I’d ziptied the two mic cables together which made it quite easy to take the mics in & out of the container. In fact I used that container to transport the pair of mics to & from shows as it didn’t take up a great deal of real estate in my gear bag + facilitated a quick set up/break down of my rig.

If I’d been storing the pair of CCM4 for months on end I likely would’ve put them in one of the smaller Pelican cases w/ a couple desiccant packs. But, as I was taping shows frequently back then the Tupperware vessel proved to be ideal. (Inexpensive too!  ;D )
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 01:15:35 PM by One Cylinder »
Schoeps MK4(x2) MK21(x2) CMC6(x4) CMC1K(x2) KC5(x2)
Sonosax SX-M2, Grace Design ACM Lunatec V3
Roland OCM R-44

Offline cd2go

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Strictly Slambovian
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 02:01:32 PM »
Thanks, that’s probably what I’ll end up doing. I would like to keep the mics from knocking around, maybe rubber XLR covers?

I’m going to attempt taming of the wires with 1/4” split-sleeve Techflex, right now they’re just taped together.

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 02:22:49 PM »
You can use the 2-3" tube from mcmaster carr. Use a dremel to cut a straight notch vertically in the bottom piece for the cable to pass through and the top screws on. I use a desiccant pack to make it fit.

https://www.mcmaster.com/2108T71/

Offline One Cylinder

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 05:43:31 PM »
Forgot to mention in my earlier post  that I always had a Schoeps BD5 windscreen on each capsule when the pair of CCM4 were in the Tupperware container. With the cables ziptied together & placed in a fairly loose circle inside in the container, plus the capsules (w/ the windscreens on them) residing in the middle of the container, it made for a nice snug fit when I put the top on. Not so tight that the cables would get kinked and/or the windscreens would get completely flattened, but tight enough so both the capsules & the cables were very snug and wouldn’t move around when being transported to/from concerts.

Thanks, that’s probably what I’ll end up doing. I would like to keep the mics from knocking around, maybe rubber XLR covers?

I’m going to attempt taming of the wires with 1/4” split-sleeve Techflex, right now they’re just taped together.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 06:05:50 PM by One Cylinder »
Schoeps MK4(x2) MK21(x2) CMC6(x4) CMC1K(x2) KC5(x2)
Sonosax SX-M2, Grace Design ACM Lunatec V3
Roland OCM R-44

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2022, 04:50:36 PM »
You can use the 2-3" tube from mcmaster carr. Use a dremel to cut a straight notch vertically in the bottom piece for the cable to pass through and the top screws on. I use a desiccant pack to make it fit.

https://www.mcmaster.com/2108T71/

Here are some pictures to illustrate how I store my CMC1Ls

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2022 Taperssection.com