Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DPA MMA-A cable issue  (Read 4035 times)

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Maplewood, MN
Re: DPA MMA-A cable issue
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2021, 01:00:32 PM »
I have not tried them, but I might give the Shure cable a try.  The micro USB end of the IK cable looks too fat to fit in the MMA-A slot.

I ordered one of the Shure cables.  It should be here next week.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Look forward to hearing if this works!

Thanks.

Bad news on the Shure cable.  The insulation is so thick surrounding the MMA-A cable end that it is impossible to connect it to the d:vice.  I really hate to "shave" the insulation off of a $30 cable if it turns out that it won't work for our purposes.  Photo below.
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2021, 01:06:27 PM »

Bad news on the Shure cable.  The insulation is so thick surrounding the MMA-A cable end that it is impossible to connect it to the d:vice.  I really hate to "shave" the insulation off of a $30 cable if it turns out that it won't work for our purposes.  Photo below.

The IK cable looks worse from the photos I've seen.  I shaved down a cheaper "OTG " labelled cable a bit and managed to get it it, but it was also no-go.  Looking into reinforcing one of the DPA $70 cable lightning ends and keeping my fingers crossed.

Jeff

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2021, 03:45:06 PM »
Lacking a clear MMA-A cable specification from DPA (which I find both unfortunate and disheartening) has anyone attempted to use a multimeter to check and record the pin to pin assignments end to end of a working DPA cable verses other cables otherwise know to be good yet don't work with d:vice, along with the possible presence of added resistance in some channels?
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2022, 03:54:46 PM »
Update:

Cable for the Saramonic device linked here seems to work:

https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=198960.0

As I mentioned there a few minutes ago, I get a signal that looks fine in my iPhone with the MMA-A and that cable.  Focuscamera and eBay have the Saramonic for $99, so the rest of the stuff (two mics, pre-amp A/D like a clumsy MMA-A, other cables) costs you $30 above the $69 MMA-A cable from DPA.  I am trying to see if Saramonics will sell me some replacement cables.

Jeff

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2022, 07:47:26 AM »
Update:

Cable for the Saramonic device linked here seems to work:

https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=198960.0

As I mentioned there a few minutes ago, I get a signal that looks fine in my iPhone with the MMA-A and that cable.  Focuscamera and eBay have the Saramonic for $99, so the rest of the stuff (two mics, pre-amp A/D like a clumsy MMA-A, other cables) costs you $30 above the $69 MMA-A cable from DPA.  I am trying to see if Saramonics will sell me some replacement cables.

Jeff

Thanks for the heads up! 
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2022, 09:58:36 AM »
Glad to hear your MMA cable issue has been resolved, even if through a roundabout way.
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant »  aercomp2 ■ v2-3 ■ sx-m2d2
dpa 4061 » mma-a.6000
d100 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com