Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

Recorders paired with V3

(1/4) > >>

Elana:
What recorders are you pairing with the V3 these days, especially analog recorders? I'm looking to have a smaller setup but still use the V3 because I like it  :)

Right now I use a V3 via SPDIF out to an R44. When I want to take less with me, I only take the R44 (which has the oade supermod). But I still like the sound coming through the V3 better.

I was using a DR100mkii when it first came out but I had a lot of issues w/ the spdif connection to the V3 and I didn't want to go analog. Plus I don't really like the dr100 that much so I rarely use it.

I have a little R-07, but I don't know where I put my dual XLR > 1/8" cable so I haven't tried it yet.

My v3 has the toslink out port installed but I'm not really seeing optical on newer recorders.

fireonshakedwnstreet:
I believe the PMD661 has SPDIF.

yug du nord:

--- Quote from: fireonshakedwnstreet on May 25, 2022, 10:18:51 PM ---I believe the PMD661 has SPDIF.

--- End quote ---

Yes.
Can’t personally confirm the 661 jives with the V3..  but the 661 (both SPDIF coax and analog) is a great unit!

… but I can confirm that the Tasman HDP2 jives well with the V3.  HDP2 is a wonderful deck, although would be considered big these days.

rigpimp:
Most newer, smaller handheld recorders drop these types of features in lieu of real estate on the unit itself.  I ran SKM140, V3, R44 for years and if you have what you already like then why change it now?  I used to use an AES to SPDIF cable to go from the V3 to R44.  I stopped using the toslink jack when I dumped the JB3

barrettphisher:
Sony d50 works well with the optical

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version