Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Triad-Orbit Stud Adapter for Manfrotto 154 mic bar  (Read 1826 times)

Offline EmRR

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
    • ElectroMagnetic Radiation Recorders
Triad-Orbit Stud Adapter for Manfrotto 154 mic bar
« on: June 27, 2022, 05:42:22 PM »
Spent awhile trying to find a good solution to get a 154 bar on a standard mic stand, didn't see any mentions here, found this:

Triad-Orbit 5/8" Female to 5/8" Male Stud Adapter #LTADA

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1393107-REG/triad_orbit_ltada_5_8_female_to_light.html

Probably useful to others.  Sometimes I want it on a standard lighting stand, sometimes I want it on a microphone boom stand, this does the trick. 
Mics: DPA 4060 w/MPS 6030 PSU/DAD6001/DAD4099, Neumann KM 131, Oktava MK 012, Sennheiser MKH 105, MKH 20, MKH 30, MKH 40, MKH 800 TWIN
Recorders: Zoom F8n, Sony MZ-R50

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Triad-Orbit Stud Adapter
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 06:40:09 PM »
Thanks, was just about to go looking for this!  I also need to go the opposite way, from 5/8" male mic-thread to female spigot stud-socket.

The Hook Studios guy is sending me a couple sorbothane decouplers I intend to try as a single-point shock mount between my mic-array and stand. The decouplers are designed for studio use and have a male 5/8" mic-thread on one side and a matching female thread on the other. The models I will be testing are designed to support/isolate rather large studio condenser microphones, differentiated by a couple different durometers (hardness) of sorbothane. 

The microphones in my array are semi-rigidly mounted and susceptible to pickup of structure-born sound and handling noise if whatever is supporting it is bumped.  The array's central hub terminates in a 5/8" spigot stud, which mates with the female socket of a stand, clamp, extension, or foot.  So I'll need to adapt the male and female 5/8" mic-threads of the decoupler to the spiqot stud and sockets of the array and stand for testing, without otherwise modifying the decoupler.  That way I can return the decouplers that are too hard or too floppy.  If I knew ahead of time which would be the "just right" Goldilocks durometer one, I could just permanently modify it to work with the spigot stud, but this application is as much about tuning the springiness of the decoupling to the dynamic loads imparted by the wide-span array as it is to its weight of just 1.5 lbs.  Tough to predict ahead of time which will work.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com