Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Disc Flattener

(1/2) > >>

rigpimp:
Discuss...

https://www.musicdirect.com/accessories/Orb-DF-01iA-plus-LP-Disc-Flattener

heathen:

--- Quote ---The critical groove architecture remains utterly unaffected by the process. The result completely removes warps while preserving the sonic glory of the records you love.
--- End quote ---

Maybe that's true, or maybe it's BS.  I don't know for certain, but color me suspicious.

That said, there's no universe in which I'm buying one.  I'm all in for digital.

goodcooker:

LOL. Once I got the tracking adjustment dialed in on my Audio Technica TT it plays pretty warped records just fine.

Not just old junk from the dollar bin - my GF picked up a copy of Bela Fleck's My Bluegrass Heart at the show last December and that thing was warped as all get out. And $35 too...

Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B):
Not really sure how anyone can justify $2k to flatten some vinyl.

I'm sure I have a handful of warped records, and I'm sure replacing them by buying another copy of all of them would cost way less than $2k.

You either took really bad care of your vinyl and have 100's of warped records to make this worthwhile...or maybe good for a used record store where you can take something you paid 50 cents for and "fix it up" so you can get $10 for it.

I'm with Lucas too. I'm moving to fully digital. Vinyl has become too expensive, and it's way too inconvenient for my lazy ass. Bonus since vinyl is worth so much I've sold off a bunch of my collection, and used some of that money to buy my new DPA 4022's and a d:vice. :D (also bought the mountain bike of my dreams).

rigpimp:
But, but, but it "Helps Records Sound Pristine, Rids Distortion and Corrects Pitch"   :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version