Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DR680 digital input and channel assignment questions  (Read 139 times)

Online goodcooker

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
DR680 digital input and channel assignment questions
« on: June 21, 2022, 04:06:03 PM »

I have a Tascam DR680 that I've been using mostly for it's digital input to transfer DATs from my Fostex D5. Works great.

I picked up a Warm Mod UA5 for really cheap with an eye towards using the SPDIF output to feed the MIX channel for a pair of mics and use the 1-6 inputs for direct outs from the SBD getting me a total of 8 channels on the same clock.

I'm kinda stuck about which menu settings can get me where I want to be - how do I set the SPDIF input to the mix channels so I can free up the other 6 inputs for analog in?
rig in transition during temporary hiatus

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline fireonshakedwnstreet

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
  • David
Re: DR680 digital input and channel assignment questions
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 04:46:44 PM »
Make sure all the I/O for channels 1-6 are set to analog. Go into Menu then REC -> ST REC. Select DIN. Go into Function and select DIN MON. You have to do the DIN MON every time to get the DIN Lock message. Also, make sure the UA-5 is set to COAX in the back little switch. Won't work if it is set to optical. Also make sure the Stereo (Mix) channels are set to record.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 04:50:33 PM by fireonshakedwnstreet »
Mics: AT 3031; AT 853Rx (c, o); CA-14(c); JVC M510; Naiant X-R (h); Studio Projects C4 (c, o, h); Nak 300
Recorders: Tascam DR-680 MkII; Tascam DR-70D; Tascam DR-5; Tascam DR-2D
Pres: Edirol UA-5 (Oade PMod; Oade WMod); Naiant MidBox; Sound Devices MixPre; Shure FP11

Online goodcooker

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: DR680 digital input and channel assignment questions
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 05:00:54 PM »
Go into Function and select DIN MON.

Thanks this is what I was missing. Some of the control functions aren't named in such a way to make them easy to sort out.
rig in transition during temporary hiatus

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2022 Taperssection.com