Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JSE (Currently Joseph Audio) - Infinite Slope Speakers...  (Read 3435 times)

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
JSE (Currently Joseph Audio) - Infinite Slope Speakers...
« on: September 30, 2003, 01:26:40 PM »
So I had a friend that ran across an old set of JSE Corporation speakers that he gave to me because he had no use for them.  As near as I can tell in researching the company, they went under back in the late 80s.  However, they had this technology referred to as Infinite Slope crossover that they used in developing their speakers.  Information on the technology below:

http://www.josephaudio.com/essay.islope.html

The reason I write this email is because I am amazed at how good these speakers sound.  Prior, I was running Bose satellite and sub, which sounded ok to me, but since adding these speakers, I am amazed.  The one bad thing is I am running a cheap Sony Receiver and CD Player with it, but I can't wait to upgrade that end....I can only imagine how good it sounds!

The reason I am posting here is that I am curious if anyone has heard these speakers, of the company, etc....?  Just trying to find out info, and I have not run across much!

Nick

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
Re:JSE (Currently Joseph Audio) - Infinite Slope Speakers...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 02:10:45 PM »
Joseph Audio is one of the best in the business.  You really lucked out!  Their speakers are considered the leaders for the sound / price value point.  They are still around; Stereophile wets themselves whenever they review a pair.

Congratulations!
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re:JSE (Currently Joseph Audio) - Infinite Slope Speakers...
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 02:18:26 PM »
Thanks Jamie....I have never been much of an audiophile type equipment guy (was planning on making that my next obsessive/compulsive hobby after the wedding!), and I wasn't really sure of what I got...but damn they sound good!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com