Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: V2 DOA *update*  (Read 10189 times)

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: V2 DOA *update*
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2011, 10:15:20 AM »
That's great!

So what was wrong with it?  It might be helpful to know.

Offline edtyre

• Trade Count: (85)
  • Team Philly " No Excuses, Just Tapes"
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 04:47:26 PM »
Grace fixed my Oade modded V-3 for free and sent it back to me in 3 days!!
They called me to say they received it, they called again to tell me what was wrong,
then they called to say it was on the way back to me. Nothing but the best customer service
of any company i have dealt with.
music>mics>pre>recorder

Offline manamana

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2011, 11:31:02 PM »
Alright, guess I have to step into this. I'm the seller. I've avoided saying anything publicly for various reasons, and since it was resolved on Monday I'd really hoped Kevin would walk back his previous accusations. Communication fell apart much quicker than I ever would have expected it to (one of those various reasons...), and this has been extremely frustrating and time consuming for me as well. There's a lot to this that hasn't been posted, but I'm just going to quote, word for word, what the folks at grace had to say about the V2:

The fuse was blown and was a 650ma, we switched to an 800ma pretty early on, so I feel this is a warranty issue (even though the V2 is 12 years old). I think it was strictly a coincidence that the fuse arrived blown, or blew 1st time you plugged in. I also believe it was working when Chris sent it to you, shipping can sometimes be enough to break the fine element in an old tired fuse.

I know this: Next time I sell anything online, there's going to be HD video of serial #s, testing, and packaging before sending out. This was a surreal experience, and one that could have been somewhat or mostly avoided had I just fired up my camera two months ago.

And yeah, Grace deserves a big round of applause for helping get this worked out.
4022s > SX-M2 > Sony M10

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 08:43:23 AM »
I could see where that would be a terrible transaction for everyone concerned.... A piece of gear widely considered *bulletproof* mysteriously arrives not working.

I think the Grace opinion is spot on. Based on my v3 calcs, a 650 ma fuse is a bit too small.  And fuses do get brittle over time and can break.  Especially fuses that are somewhat overloaded.

Given how UPS, etc, throw and drop boxes, it seems probable that is what happened.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com