Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iRiver h120 Remote  (Read 5911 times)

Offline cgrooves

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Get On the Bus -Busman Audio
Re: iRiver h120 Remote
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 01:40:37 PM »
Can you adjust levels with the remote or just view them?  I just bought an H320 and I was about to buy a remote for it.

I'm so torn.  There doesn't seem to be agreement on whether or not it introduces noise when using line in.  It would be so cool if you could easily control levels but not have noise.

Running line-in, you can use the remote to adjust & monitor levels.  Running digital-in, you can use the remote to monitor levels only.  I believe there is a strong agreement that the remote introduces noises to most units when recording line-in on the h1xx series.  It seems that some people get lucky,and have a unit that is not affected (or not affected as badly) by the remote noise issue.  I believe I've read that the grounding circuit path has something to do with it.
AUDIO:
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-(K1/K2/K3/K4) > Fostex FR-2LE (Busman T Mod) 

Unopen:  AudioReality Omni Mics (Panasonic capsules)> AudioReality Battery Box (depending on SPL's) > iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

VISUAL:
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 85mm/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8

Offline greatape

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • www.youtube.com/GreatTapes
Re: iRiver h120 Remote
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 06:10:48 PM »
You specified h1xx series. . . . Has anyone here had the noise issue with h320?

I just found this in the iRiver FAQ.  Sounds interesting:

[170] Does using the remote introduce interference?

Yes.  It seems on most units that having the remote plugged in during recording does introduce a ticking noise, which is only really noticeable when amplified.  For example, with no gain the extra noise is about 3dB. So if you're using an external pre the issue is moot.  However if using the iriver's pre at quiet gigs for a lot of gain (eg about 30dB), you may notice the extra noise.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 06:20:08 PM by greatape »
My Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/GreatTapes

Audio:
Church Audio STC11 Cardioids>ST9000>Tascam Dr2d

Photo/Video:
Panasonic GH2
Canon HV30/HV20

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.113 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com