Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SP AT943>SP SPSB-3>D8 Question?  (Read 3410 times)

Offline Bloomer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Someones got to turn the page....
SP AT943>SP SPSB-3>D8 Question?
« on: September 09, 2004, 07:48:03 PM »
While pluging the mini power pack into the 'line in'.  Will I have any contaol over the D8's recording level knob?  Sience I am not going in to 'plug in power' does this recording level have an effect on the recordings outcome?  Just bought these mics and looking for advice before I head out.  Also, Can I plug the 9v box into the plug in power on the D8?  If so more power = better recordings right?  Damn newbee I am!!!

SP-CMC-8>ACM 660

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: SP AT943>SP SPSB-3>D8 Question?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 07:51:17 PM »
you still have control over the recording levels.

The D8 has awesome meters so if the music is loud enough, you should be able to get it right up there.

you can go mic-in without too much damage I suspect the D8's aren't famous for their stock preamps.

Offline Bloomer

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 07:59:13 PM »
Very cool I still get to have some control!  I think you misunderstood my question about plugging into the D8's mic plog in power.  Although I could be misunderstanding you.  anyhow can I pug the AT943>9v>mic in power on D8?  or must I...AT>9v>line inD8?
SP-CMC-8>ACM 660

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 08:39:19 PM »
Very cool I still get to have some control!  I think you misunderstood my question about plugging into the D8's mic plog in power.  Although I could be misunderstanding you.  anyhow can I pug the AT943>9v>mic in power on D8?  or must I...AT>9v>line inD8?

you can use the mic-in jack.  Whether it draws additional power or not?  I don't know.

Best to test it in front of your home theater/stereo

Offline Bloomer

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 09:02:24 PM »
just dont want to fry anything!  just my brain with some good......music!  No matter where the signal enters the dat its still audio.  thought the D8 amp would help the sound...  dont really want to plug it into the mic plug in power..  paroniod yes.....  looking for some real time experience!   What can I espect?   
SP-CMC-8>ACM 660

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 09:06:33 PM »
just dont want to fry anything!  just my brain with some good......music!  No matter where the signal enters the dat its still audio.  thought the D8 amp would help the sound...  dont really want to plug it into the mic plug in power..  paroniod yes.....  looking for some real time experience!   What can I espect?   

as far as I know all that you'll get is an amplified signal, possibly some good ole distortion.

I still recommend line-in no matter what

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 09:08:29 PM »
The rule of thumb with the D8 is if you are going mic-in and below 3-4 on the level knob you will brickwall...thus the need to go line in. You won't "fry" anything by plugging into the mic input...you may overload the signal and have a static-filled recording, however.

Offline Bloomer

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 09:14:03 PM »
Thankyou for your help.  Tomarro Derick Trucks in Baltimore, MD with me my first outing with the AT943 if the FedEx guy gets here on time.  Out of the box and into a show.  Isnt this how all good tales begin>>>>
SP-CMC-8>ACM 660

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 09:26:09 PM »
Thankyou for your help.  Tomarro Derick Trucks in Baltimore, MD with me my first outing with the AT943 if the FedEx guy gets here on time.  Out of the box and into a show.  Isnt this how all good tales begin>>>>

sounds like you'll be balls deep your first time out!

good luck

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com