Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: music "servers"?  (Read 7717 times)

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
Re: music "servers"?
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2005, 01:31:52 PM »
well, i just tried a 24/96 file and it froze the xbox and i had to reboot.

granted, my computer can't play the 24/96 file either because of my soundcard.  so i don't know if that'd effect it at all, but i don't think it would.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2005, 02:25:20 PM »
Well, that's a big bummer.  Care to try again ;)
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2005, 12:29:24 AM »
i'll try a 24/48 file and see what happens.  my laptop can do 24/96 so i may also try streaming from that and see what happens.  I'll work on those this weekend.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline ducati

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2005, 06:36:08 PM »
Wow, thanks for the help guys, this should be fun...no more obtrusive 30 foot canare coax cable.  If this works out, anyone need about 30 feet of 77 style canare cable for nothing?

Hell yeah, I could do some AUD/SBD mixes with 30' of RCAs!

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2005, 08:27:20 PM »
All yours if this works, I reccomend it get reterminated though, as you need some really HQ rca plugs which accept a pretty big guage plug, and I was just making do with something pretty ghetto.

Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2005, 08:19:42 AM »
tim-

you might want to think about the airport express to do the streaming...

this guy mods them so they have coax out (which you would connect to your DAC). could be sweet, and it sounds more lie what you are trying to do. my setup invlves having a 'puter right there with the amp and DAC - just another component on the rack. it seems like you want to do the wireless thing - the airport express sounds like it would be more up your alley....
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2005, 08:45:04 AM »
The mods are pricey pricey pricey.  He completely rebuilds the unit into a work of art.  Whether it is worth it or not, who knows. 

Isn't the airport express limited to 24/48 or am I incorrect?

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2005, 08:49:34 AM »
The mods are pricey pricey pricey.  He completely rebuilds the unit into a work of art.  Whether it is worth it or not, who knows. 

Isn't the airport express limited to 24/48 or am I incorrect?

not sure about that. never looked into it that much, but i remembered it when i read through this again, and realized that was close to what tim seemed to be looking for 0 rather than just a media player that properly handles the audio we use (which is what i originally thought)...

yea - the d00d's mods are pricey - i see that he wants alot of dough to mod those DIP boxes i have - i dont think that they are worth that much, myself, but maybe i am missing something....
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline JackoRoses

• lost cause
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2005, 08:55:48 AM »
micro atx or similar with a 1 u chassis. mount with stereo .
Run cat 5 to it from the switch. Done... RDP or ssh into it.
Currently I am pretty much doing what you are.
Computer next to stereo with a long spdif cable running into the DAC.
I looked into this a while ago, and they all supported only lossy music.
Flac was just starting to become supported but still not fully.
I think that has changed now, I have seen flac support pop up into a lot.
I have seen a system play shns before, (some kind of web jukebox)
I could never get it to work though. It required some custom scripting
that was beyond my knowledge.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2005, 02:36:33 PM »
I can't imagine the output stage on that box is anything special. I'm hoping the squeezebox people come up with a 24/96 solution soon!
Out of the game … for now?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com