Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Adobe Audition 3 Cheap?  (Read 2271 times)

Offline cyfan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • It's not personal
Adobe Audition 3 Cheap?
« on: August 25, 2010, 11:40:31 AM »
Been using Cool Edit Pro for years but need to update due to going to a 64 bit PC.
I want to get Adobe Audition 3 but the listed $375 retail price is more than I can swallow.
I've seen some supposed "full versions" of Audition 3 on eBay, but upon close inspection they appear to be upgrades and not full versions.
Bottom line: Anybody know a legit place to get a discount price on Audition 3?
Superlux HK8 > Edirol UA-5 > JB3
Multi-tracker: Fostex VF 160 EX

stevetoney

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 12:44:38 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline cyfan

• Taperssection Member
  • It's not personal
Re: Adobe Audition 3 Cheap?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 01:46:20 PM »
Thanks for the links.
I also found you can get an educational version for $150.
I have a kid in grade school, so it appears "he" can buy it by just scanning and emailing his student ID.

I sure hope he knows how to mixdown 8 soundboard tracks in Audition, and synching it with a pair of room mics  ;D

Superlux HK8 > Edirol UA-5 > JB3
Multi-tracker: Fostex VF 160 EX

stevetoney

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 03:47:18 PM »
Thanks for the links.
I also found you can get an educational version for $150.
I have a kid in grade school, so it appears "he" can buy it by just scanning and emailing his student ID.

I sure hope he knows how to mixdown 8 soundboard tracks in Audition, and synching it with a pair of room mics  ;D

I'm sure his Jonas Brothers tapes will rock!

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 04:35:04 PM »
I, too, have been using Audition since back in the early days when it was Cool Edit Pro and still won't use anything else because I'm so familiar with the work flow.  That being said and just as a heads-up, there is a well documented, and often bitched-about, bug with Audition 3 on Windows XP and Vista (don't know about Win 7 and it doesn't happen on all systems) that causes it to occasionally freeze up when previewing effects that you've implemented on tracks.  The only way to "unfreeze" it, unfortunately, is to forcibly shut down Audition through the task manager.  Adobe is well aware of the problem and issued a free patch for it but it works with varying degrees of success.  Would be nice if they would just release a fixed version 4.  Anyway, YMMV.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com