Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Nomad jb3 - Does it go off in metal detectors?  (Read 7748 times)

Offline Javit

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lágrimas de Sangre - Guayasamín
Nomad jb3 - Does it go off in metal detectors?
« on: September 19, 2005, 04:35:53 PM »
So I'm planning on taping Paul McCartney this friday in Philly but from what I've heard, the security is super tight, pat downs and wands/regular metal detectors.  So; ssia... do jb3's go off?  I'm gonna assume my mics won't hopefully they'll be in my shoe.

Nobility is expensive, nonproductive and parasitic, siphoning away too much of society's energy to satisfy its frivolous cravings.

Offline setboy

• Trade Count: (5)
Re: Nomad jb3 - Does it go off in metal detectors?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 04:44:17 PM »
im going to say yes. but i dont know 100%

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 05:15:29 PM »
Let us know how it goes. I'm taping McCartney in November.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline Javit

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 05:37:35 PM »
The security is supposed to be realllll tight after a fan ran onstage at the Tampa show...  I'm taping him again in October.

Nobility is expensive, nonproductive and parasitic, siphoning away too much of society's energy to satisfy its frivolous cravings.

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 06:50:01 PM »
The security is supposed to be realllll tight after a fan ran onstage at the Tampa show...  I'm taping him again in October.

that takes some balls, maybe we aren't giving the pirateer's enough credit... :(

Offline jeromejello

• Team Florida - always brings the heat
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • surly tapir
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 09:36:23 PM »

woo hoo!!! TAMPA  >:D

::)

;)
open: mbho 603a (ka200n/ka500hn) > SD MP-2 > PCM-M10
stealth: AT853a (o/sc/c/h) > SD MP-2 > ihp120
misc: Earthworks SR77 | Shure VP88

bt & dime

Offline whssy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 02:17:36 AM »
The security is supposed to be realllll tight after a fan ran onstage at the Tampa show...

I bet he was only trying to find a place to set his mic stand up.

Offline Evil Taper

• Going pro...no time for taping now
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 04:29:05 AM »
Didn't you attend Stealthing 101?  Punk it up for the show buddy.  Go to the local Hot Topic and get a 3 row pyramid studded belt ($20) get the biggest badass belt buckel you can find (not a trucker hick ass one though) and fill your pockets with all sorts of metallic shit.  Bring yer cell phone, a pack of smokes that are open (they'll check em and waste more time), a lighter, some loose change, yer earplugs in their plastic case, and yer wallet in a front pocket as well, and the keychain of course.  Security are usually more concerned about getting people into the venue before the show officially starts than finding some guy whose taping.  If you have a knife or gun the metal detectors are gonna go nuts but other than that don't sweat it.  CROTCH ALL OF YOUR GEAR!

I've taken the JB3 through metal detoctors at least 7 times and it's never been noticed so I wouldn't worry about that.  Granted, they were the wands, the walk through detectors might be a different story.  Basically anything metallic sets off wands, even zippers, so the security usually isn't concerned unless of course it's going off in an area where theres no visible metal.  Good luck.
Really not very evil at all now...

Offline itook2much

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKA rspencer
    • my masters
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 11:23:14 AM »
Quote from: whssy
Quote from: Javit1972
The security is supposed to be realllll tight after a fan ran onstage at the Tampa show...

I bet he was only trying to find a place to set his mic stand up.

Thanks for the laugh :)  +t

Quote from: Evil Taper
Didn't you attend Stealthing 101?...get the biggest badass belt buckel you can find (not a trucker hick ass one though)

I crotch the recorder beneath my hick ass trucker belt buckle ;) and sometimes hide the mics & batt box tucked in the badass asswhuppin' biker boots ;)
More important than hiding your shit is not looking liking you have shit hidden.  Act normal, laugh & talk.  I'm proactive, I actually voluntarily lift my shirt/jacket so security can see my beltline, before they even ask.  And if you think you may be able to take photos, carry a camera in the open, makes it look like you have nothing to hide.  If you want, carry a disposable so you can just toss it if they stop you.  Give 'em something to catch, they don't look further.

And all of Evil Taper's suggestion will work.  You'll also look like you escaped from a 1980's hair metal band, but that's the price we sometimes have to pay :D
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > CS BB > Edirol R-09

Backups:  DPA 4060 (1/8"), SP-BMC-2, SP-SPSB-6, Sony MZ-NH1

Quote from: tomluvsgiants
rule #1 - get the show taped
rule #2 - see rule #1    >:D

Quote from: Grace Hopper
“If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 11:39:17 AM »

that takes some balls, maybe we aren't giving the pirateer's enough credit... :(

I think he meant "ran" onstage as literally walking very fast across it...not "ran" as in ran tape.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 11:43:39 AM »

I think he meant "ran" onstage as literally walking very fast across it...not "ran" as in ran tape.

:lol:
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Javit

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005, 02:09:11 PM »
Didn't you attend Stealthing 101?  Punk it up for the show buddy.  Go to the local Hot Topic and get a 3 row pyramid studded belt ($20) get the biggest badass belt buckel you can find (not a trucker hick ass one though) and fill your pockets with all sorts of metallic shit.  Bring yer cell phone, a pack of smokes that are open (they'll check em and waste more time), a lighter, some loose change, yer earplugs in their plastic case, and yer wallet in a front pocket as well, and the keychain of course.  Security are usually more concerned about getting people into the venue before the show officially starts than finding some guy whose taping.  If you have a knife or gun the metal detectors are gonna go nuts but other than that don't sweat it.  CROTCH ALL OF YOUR GEAR!

I've taken the JB3 through metal detoctors at least 7 times and it's never been noticed so I wouldn't worry about that.  Granted, they were the wands, the walk through detectors might be a different story.  Basically anything metallic sets off wands, even zippers, so the security usually isn't concerned unless of course it's going off in an area where theres no visible metal.  Good luck.  And the camera idea is a great idea

Thank's for the tips... I"ll pick all of that shit up.  And put up a pair of my best shit kickers.  Country punk rocker or something.  I've been hearing mixed reviews about the tour security now.  Mics are going in the shoes.  The jb3 will either be crotched or attached the the very top of my inner thigh with some heavy ass jeans.  I'll be ok I think.  I once told a guy my batter box was for my heart monitor... thank God he didn't question that any further.  Maybe a metal altoids box too.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 02:18:53 PM »

I've taken the JB3 through metal detoctors at least 7 times and it's never been noticed so I wouldn't worry about that.  Granted, they were the wands, the walk through detectors might be a different story.  Basically anything metallic sets off wands, even zippers, so the security usually isn't concerned unless of course it's going off in an area where theres no visible metal.  Good luck.  And the camera idea is a great idea

Thank's for the tips... I"ll pick all of that shit up.  And put up a pair of my best shit kickers.  Country punk rocker or something.  I've been hearing mixed reviews about the tour security now.  Mics are going in the shoes.  The jb3 will either be crotched or attached the the very top of my inner thigh with some heavy ass jeans.  I'll be ok I think.  I once told a guy my batter box was for my heart monitor... thank God he didn't question that any further.  Maybe a metal altoids box too.

FWIW, I've gotten the NJB3 through pat-down security by holding it in my hand, attached to some headphones that were around my neck.  They never even asked what it was.  If they did, I'd say it was my MP3 player, becuase I don't want to listen to their horridly putrid house music.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Javit

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 09:07:16 PM »
Dude; that takes balls.  At a low level concert I'd do that... but for Macca, I'm gonna have to just crotch it and go.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2005, 09:14:22 PM »
Dude; that takes balls.  At a low level concert I'd do that... but for Macca, I'm gonna have to just crotch it and go.

Nah, its not that bad dude!  Well, at least at Macca, you'll be able to find a different entrance and try a different way if you don't succeed the first time!

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.089 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com