Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Deity PR-2 Pocket Recorder  (Read 62020 times)

Psinka (+ 2 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Psinka

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • Megamozg Team
Re: Deity PR-2 Pocket Recorder
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2024, 04:59:16 AM »
It’s unboxing time!
At fist power on language was set to Chinese 🙈
It take some time (with help of google translate) to switch on BT and connect to Sidus app to change language)

I don’t know when i can test it live at some gig 🤷‍♂️

Online Psinka

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Megamozg Team
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2024, 05:07:24 AM »
It’s really tiny comparing to Zoom F1

Offline detroit lightning

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2024, 12:13:39 PM »
Thanks for posting these! Tiny for sure...

Offline robeti

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2024, 12:32:59 PM »
looks nice!
mics schoeps mk22/mk4/mk41 (matched) | nakamichi cm-300 (JB mod/cp1/cp2/cp3) | nakamichi cm-50 | primo em4052pmi4's | sp-cmc-4u/at-853 4.7k mod (shotguns/h/c/sc/o) | ca-11 c/o | ca-14 c
power ca-ubb | ca-9200 | nbob actives > baby nbox | schoeps cmbi (pair)
recorder roland r-05 
video panasonic zs100 | panasonic hdc-sd600 | sony hx9v | sony hx50v | samsung s23 ultra
playback fiio m17 > final d8000

Offline adrianb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2024, 02:52:56 PM »
Can you confirm the PIP voltage?
Mics: Sennheiser MKH 8040, Sennheiser MKH 8020, AT BP4025, AT 853 cards, CA CAFS, CA 14 Omnis, CA 11 (Cards + Omnis), Soundman OKM II Classic
Battery Boxes: Sony XLR-1, CA 9200 Preamp, CA Ugly 2 Preamp, CA Ugly BB, Shure FP24
Recorders: Sound Devices MP3, Sony PCM-D100, Sony PCM-D50, Sony PCM-M10, Sony PCM-D10, Roland R-07, Tascam iXJ2

Online Psinka

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Megamozg Team
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2024, 04:50:08 PM »

DPA 4061 works)
Gain set to +24db and I spoke quite quietly

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2024, 05:34:35 PM »

DPA 4061 works)
Gain set to +24db and I spoke quite quietly

Do you have a multimeter that reads DC voltage?
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, MKE2
Preamps: Nbox Platinum ABS, Baby Nbox
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Online Psinka

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Megamozg Team
« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2024, 05:53:50 PM »
Do you have a multimeter that reads DC voltage?

Nope (

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #173 on: May 18, 2024, 09:20:33 PM »
Waiting on reviews.  Ready to buy one.

Online breakonthru

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #174 on: Today at 12:19:09 AM »
given the limited track record of this company's products in our market vs the usual manufacturers, tbh i dont really get the people chomping at the bit for this, now that 32-bit is off the table, esp those who don't have a use for 5V pip. already numerous options for that including the trusty a10. take away 5v and were left with a device that we are hoping is, at best, equal to the A10 in its reliability and specifications, as A10 is quite a refined device that was a generation above the M10 and voice recorders it combined into a cost-effective, compact, high-resolution recording device with substantially cleaner input than its predecessors. last thing we need is another GIGO toy but time will tell.

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
« Reply #175 on: Today at 11:03:48 AM »
given the limited track record of this company's products in our market vs the usual manufacturers, tbh i dont really get the people chomping at the bit for this, now that 32-bit is off the table, esp those who don't have a use for 5V pip. already numerous options for that including the trusty a10. take away 5v and were left with a device that we are hoping is, at best, equal to the A10 in its reliability and specifications, as A10 is quite a refined device that was a generation above the M10 and voice recorders it combined into a cost-effective, compact, high-resolution recording device with substantially cleaner input than its predecessors. last thing we need is another GIGO toy but time will tell.

The fact that it doesn't have any mics on it will appeal to many people who want to just put it in their bag and have no questions asked.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Online breakonthru

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #176 on: Today at 11:38:48 AM »
Yes thats certainly an upside. Franken-hacking an A10 to remove the mics isn't for everyone. I'm just concerned with the feature set changing at the 11th hour that this may not have an well designed analog front end. They wouldn't be changing an ADC chip this late in design (and most have been 32 bit-capable for years), so i fear with the limited real estate inside of there (massive volume taken up by batteries and a bunch of other stuff in there like timecode/wireless) that it isn't focused on clean 2-channel audio, more that it tries to be a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none.

Modern 2ch recorders like the A10 and the DR100 utilize combining of channels on multi-channel ADCs to improve the S/N by 3 or more dB. The late-game design decisions/compromises make me believe they are at the limit of their hardware and it may be an FPGA-based design which can vary from exceptional to horrendous.

Time will tell, there is no substitute for testing,. teardown, and some real-world experience. we only had one report on the predecessor to this device and it did not meet the tapers expectations, hence why i said their track record is kinda iffy in our market.

The fact that they claim dynamic range in excess of 120dB but S/N at 90dB is also concerning. They dont go into measurement spec but 90dB SINAD would place it near the bottom of analog inputs in the modern day

Online dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #177 on: Today at 11:45:22 AM »
It would be a boring hobby/passion, if we all liked the same exact stuff. I have a lot of small decks and for me the A10 is one of my least favorites. That does not mean it is not a good deck, but I have lots of reasons I do not care for it. As small 24Bit recorders go, I far value the Roland R07 and R05 as well as the Marantz PMD 620 MKI and MKII. I still like the Tascam DR 2D as well, so I can see why lots would be eager to see what this deck can do. We really do not have much to go on yet, and it's not the specs, it's the performance and how people use their decks that often help decide what decks we like or do not like.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.174 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com