Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Shure MoveMic Two  (Read 299 times)

Offline dyneq

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
Shure MoveMic Two
« on: March 05, 2024, 01:27:53 PM »
https://www.shure.com/en-US/products/microphones/movemic-two?variant=MV-TWO-Z7

Posting because I would consider a quality wireless stereo setup for 007 and, on paper, these seem like they would work. From the frequency response, I would guess that they are Omnis. SnR is poor, but likely fine for louder PA'd sources. Nice to see the 130dB Max SPL. Do any of those with technical backgrounds see any red flags for amplified live music pulls?

THE MOVEMIC

Frequency Response
20 Hz to 20 kHz

Dynamic Range
100 dB, A-weighted

Signal-to-Noise Ratio
68 dB SPL, A-weighted

Equivalent Input Noise
26 dB SPL, A-weighted

Maximum SPL
130 dB SPL

Nominal Voltage
3.7 V DC

Sensitivity (with MV-LAV)
-37 dBFS @94 dB SPL (1 Pascal RMS)

Bit Depth
24-bit

Sampling Rate
48 kHz

Gain Adjustment Range
0 to 60 dB

Range
Up to 100 ft (30m) line of sight

Dimensions
1.81 in. x 0.87 in. x 0.59 in. (46 mm x 22 mm x 15 mm)

Net Weight (no windscreen)
0.29 oz. (8.2g)

Housing
Black PC/ABS Thermoplastic

Water Resistance
IPX4

Battery Type
Rechargeable Li-Ion Coin Cell

Battery Runtime (Direct to Phone)
Normal Power:   Up to 11.3 hours
High Power [1]:   Up to 8.7 hours

Antenna
Sheet metal with copper-nickel-zinc alloy

[1] High Power is applicable in the Americas and isn’t available in all regions.

Supported Audio Formats

Android
PCM/WAV   Up to 352 KHz
AAC   256, 128, 96

iOS
PCM/WAV   Up to 352 KHz
MP4 Audio   Audio files: .mp4, .m4a, .m4p, .m4b
AAC   256, 128, 96
ALAC   Audio file: Apple Lossless

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Shure MoveMic Two
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 04:13:37 PM »
I assume these are omnis since the intended use is as two mono lavaliere mics. The high self noise is unlikely to be a problem for PA amplified shows. Other than how the mic sounds, system reliability and all that, the primary questions in my mind are:

To what degree is sync maintained between the two channels?
How robust is the wireless connection?
Do those specifications reflect the specs of just the microphones, or the specifications of the signal chain as used, through the wireless connection to the phone?

The idea of using these for stealth music recording is compelling. Sucks dealing with wires in stealth setups and I've wondered when tiny wireless mics of sufficient quality for our uses would emerge.  However, sample-accurate time sync between the two channels is considerably less important in the role for which these were designed, than it is when recording a stereo pair.  I took a look, but the Shure materials make no mention at all of stereo recording, nor of how tight sync tolerance between the two channels might be.  Will likely take some testing to determine what they sound like, and if the two mic system will work for our uses.

Looks like there is an optional small dedicated wireless receiver with 3.5mm stereo minijack out, providing an alternate option to recording direct to a phone.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 04:23:04 PM »
Found this at service.sure.com

Question
Is there any latency with MoveMic?

Answer

Direct-to-Phone apps:
A/V sync within 1 frame

MV-R based:   
3.5mm: 15.33 ms (within 1 frame @60fps), 17.33ms if Noise Reduction is on.

USBC: Device Dependant

Last Edit Date
3/5/2024

Doesn't seem promising for stereo recording.  Varying by 15ms between channels is a deal killer.  If somehow there is no time variance between the channels and that is the overall time latency variance to an external source like video, maybe.

And the apparent need for a noise reduction feature doesn't bode well.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline dyneq

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 05:36:44 PM »
Good eye, Gutbucket. I believe that the MV-R refers to using a separate receiver vs. direct-to-phone apps. I don't know how to translate the A/V sync information into what we need to know.

https://www.shure.com/en-US/products/wireless-systems/movemic-wireless/movemic-receiver?variant=MV-R-Z7

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com