Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New Sennheiser Active Setup  (Read 88326 times)

Offline CQBert

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Sunset in Zilker Park
Re: New Sennheiser Active Setup
« Reply #255 on: February 20, 2008, 06:32:43 PM »
Fig 8 - just in time for the Holidays..... wish list started!

;D

CQBert
Sennheiser MKH 8040 (Matched) > Sound Devices 702

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #256 on: February 20, 2008, 06:37:00 PM »
come on people. anyone want to be generous and post some of their 8040 samples on www.megaupload.com (you can upload up to 500mb a day for free and don't have to sign up).

Offline Crumbo

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #257 on: February 20, 2008, 06:43:35 PM »
come on people. anyone want to be generous and post some of their 8040 samples on www.megaupload.com (you can upload up to 500mb a day for free and don't have to sign up).

I owe you a PM

got some stuff to sort out first

look for one over the weekend :)
Mics: AKG ck63
Cables: nBob actives
Preamp: nbox platinum II
Recorders:  Sony PCM-M10, Edirol R-05

Offline NOLAfishwater

• I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #258 on: February 20, 2008, 07:25:17 PM »

I owe you a PM

got some stuff to sort out first

look for one over the weekend :)

sweeeeeettttt. I will be looking for it.

Offline aegert

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #259 on: February 20, 2008, 08:29:38 PM »
Ok Heres one....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=49KWN8O0

This is the North Mississippi Allstars A the highline Ballroom In NYC 1/29/08  THere was a lot of bass in the room Very muddy to listen to. The mics were DFC on a boom 3 ft out from the floor of the balcony in ORTF (hind site would have been DIN) There is a 75hx 12db/Octave roll off on this and it needed it.. All the recordings did even my schoeps..

If I were doing this show again I would have done DIN as I said with the HP filter on...

Enjoy

A :-)
B&k 4022's > Grace Lunatec V3 > Self Built  Neutrik/ Mogami XLR to TRS > Korg MR1000

Schoeps CMT44's > Self Built Neutrik/ Tuchel 2 ch Snake > Switchcraft Phantom to T-power Adapters > Grace Lunatec V3 > Sound Devices 722

www.motb.org

The bus came by and I got on....

Offline NOLAfishwater

• I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #260 on: February 20, 2008, 09:44:35 PM »
Ok Heres one....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=49KWN8O0

This is the North Mississippi Allstars A the highline Ballroom In NYC 1/29/08  THere was a lot of bass in the room Very muddy to listen to. The mics were DFC on a boom 3 ft out from the floor of the balcony in ORTF (hind site would have been DIN) There is a 75hx 12db/Octave roll off on this and it needed it.. All the recordings did even my schoeps..

If I were doing this show again I would have done DIN as I said with the HP filter on...

Enjoy

A :-)

Thanks Adam +T.

Offline NOLAfishwater

• I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #261 on: February 20, 2008, 09:47:20 PM »

All the recordings did even my schoeps..

So which one do you like better  >:D

Offline aegert

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #262 on: February 21, 2008, 08:10:14 AM »
I must say The Senns will make you work for the right pull but they are so warm and luscious and accurate that I like them better than the Schoeps hands down...

I would say though that if I just had to plug mics in to a deck no HP filters available and I was not going to edit the files after I would  record with the Schoeps for a band like the NMA.. Lots of mud in their sound and what you here is what you get with the sens... The Schoeps would be more colored to eliminate just a little of it

I recorded A friend on solo acoustic guitar and the senns just killed the Schoeps IMHO... There is such a forward warmth and presence to them as if your ear was on the bridge while the guitar is played...

I really love them...

A :D
B&k 4022's > Grace Lunatec V3 > Self Built  Neutrik/ Mogami XLR to TRS > Korg MR1000

Schoeps CMT44's > Self Built Neutrik/ Tuchel 2 ch Snake > Switchcraft Phantom to T-power Adapters > Grace Lunatec V3 > Sound Devices 722

www.motb.org

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
    • Homepage
« Reply #263 on: February 21, 2008, 09:13:19 AM »
I recorded A friend on solo acoustic guitar and the senns just killed the Schoeps IMHO... There is such a forward warmth and presence to them as if your ear was on the bridge while the guitar is played...

I really love them...

I've been running some tests with the 8040 and vocals (film) and I have to say that I too think this mic is a wonderful mic for that application. There are a few disturbing things though... the windsock that comes with the unit needs some improvement. When working on a boom, you have to be careful not to "thrash" the mic around, or you'll hear that. I'm hoping that I get a chance to check out the Rycote option for this mic series at NAB in April because somebody has to have some better options.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline aegert

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #264 on: February 21, 2008, 10:06:36 AM »

I really love them...

I've been running some tests with the 8040 and vocals (film) and I have to say that I too think this mic is a wonderful mic for that application. There are a few disturbing things though... the windsock that comes with the unit needs some improvement. When working on a boom, you have to be careful not to "thrash" the mic around, or you'll hear that. I'm hoping that I get a chance to check out the Rycote option for this mic series at NAB in April because somebody has to have some better options.

Wayne

Wayne I used the foam that came with it with a windteck dead rat and that was real tight no movement....

http://www.olsenaudio.com/Mic-Muff-Web-Info.pdf

It has a velcro cuff that tightened it down

www.motb.org

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #265 on: February 21, 2008, 10:30:53 AM »
There are a few disturbing things though... the windsock that comes with the unit needs some improvement. When working on a boom, you have to be careful not to "thrash" the mic around, or you'll hear that. I'm hoping that I get a chance to check out the Rycote option for this mic series at NAB in April because somebody has to have some better options.

The MZW 8000 foam windshield is pretty hi-tech and is of a dual layer construction of different types of foam.  It is extremely effective at what it is designed to do.

However, no foam windshield is really suitable for waving around on a pole - the solution is to put a Rycote mini windjammer over the foam to improve the wind protection.

You will fond the Rycote In-Vision shockmounts superb when you see them.

Offline aegert

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #266 on: February 21, 2008, 10:38:30 AM »
Has anyone tried the baby ball gag with this?

A

www.motb.org

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #267 on: February 21, 2008, 12:09:52 PM »
Has anyone tried the baby ball gag with this?

No, but Rycote certainly do the mounts for it in the ball gags.

Offline NOLAfishwater

• I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #268 on: February 21, 2008, 12:18:59 PM »
Aegert, are you saying that the mics are much more directional, in that you have to have your angles correct or else risk a nast pull?

Offline aegert

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #269 on: February 21, 2008, 01:45:47 PM »
No I'm saying that the tend to have a slightly tighter pattern than a classic card...

Aside from that I felt that for the spread of the PA and my distance from the stage for that show and location DIN might have been better thats all....

www.motb.org

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.105 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com