Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: USB 2.0 OTG drive capabilities?  (Read 2276 times)

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My cd List
USB 2.0 OTG drive capabilities?
« on: May 11, 2005, 07:40:36 PM »
Doug started this thread on the other board, but I think stuff moves faster here, so I'll ask over here as well. Would one of these drives work with a UA5 or MiniMe? http://www.macally.com/spec/usb/storage_device/enclosure25.html

It has a rechargable battery (also DC powered in case battery life stinks), takes a standard 2.5" hard drive and can apparently copy files off jump drives and digital cameras by just pressing the record button. One picture has it hooked up to a mp3 player. I'm guessing that someone has surely tried this by now or it wouldn't work, otherwise everyone would have heard about it. Seems like something would need to tell the hard drive to write the incoming data as a wav file, but what do I know.
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline Jammin72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: USB 2.0 OTG drive capabilities?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 09:36:41 PM »
Or... FR-2's, PMD660's at festivals!
Yes, but what do you HEAR?

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 09:40:30 PM »
very sweet, that is exactly what I want with a firewire interface...to clarify, I want it for festivals where I can dump data from the 722 clearing off the HD, without needing a computer to do it
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 09:51:35 PM by nickgregory »

Offline Jammin72

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 10:55:14 PM »
very sweet, that is exactly what I want with a firewire interface...to clarify, I want it for festivals where I can dump data from the 722 clearing off the HD, without needing a computer to do it

I think that will be more of a possibility than actually recording directly to one.  I would be suprised if the storage device would be able to deal with  the needed data rate contol codes etc.. to the external device.  I think it's going to be use a recorder, dump, record some more, dump.  (Data that is... that just doesn't read right)  Everything that they mention at the USB.org site seems to imply Storage to Storage.  But hey you never know with technology.
Yes, but what do you HEAR?

Offline lordzoster

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 04:25:28 AM »
this kind of storage reads the filesystem, and is not able to read a stream of data, like audio USB is.
I'm currently following the development of OTG future implentations, me too would like to couple such a stuff with my MiniMe.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com