Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MT Users: Have Line levels worked for you?  (Read 1645 times)

Offline cincysoundguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
MT Users: Have Line levels worked for you?
« on: March 04, 2006, 09:24:44 AM »
Greetings Fellow Recorders,

Just got my MT and want to feed a line level signal from my field mixer (Wendt X4) but it seems that the MT can't handle the line level output. Using a balanced XLR->TRS cable and when sending tone it pegs the meters until I virtuall close the input levels on the MT. Set the pad switch to "L" and am on firmware rev. 123. Also found that the during playback the level meters don't respond accurately to the signal of what's being played - they seem almost catatonic...

Thanks in Advance,

Adam R.

Offline udovdh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: MT Users: Have Line levels worked for you?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 10:45:13 AM »
Greetings Fellow Recorders,

Just got my MT and want to feed a line level signal from my field mixer (Wendt X4) but it seems that the MT can't handle the line level output. Using a balanced XLR->TRS cable and when sending tone it pegs the meters until I virtuall close the input levels on the MT. Set the pad switch to "L" and am on firmware rev. 123. Also found that the during playback the level meters don't respond accurately to the signal of what's being played - they seem almost catatonic...
This review has some info about the input levels.
It appears that there is about 14 dB of constant gain that cannot be turned off.
Also M-Audio refers to the national distributor for support inquiries for the Netherlands!? (as if they could help me)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.223 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com