Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: audio room pics, revisited  (Read 81858 times)

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
Re: audio room pics, revisited
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2007, 12:05:39 PM »
How about home theater?

Samsung HL-S6188W 61" 1080p DLP  sitting on the BDI Novia stand.

That stand is pricey, almost as much as the tv, but we both decided that we wanted something nice and were looking at credenza type things and the nicer ones were just as much as this so we opted for it.  All the doors are glass so remotes and wireless controllers for gaming work just fine. The top drawer has a screen across it and holds the front speaker.

On the right side we have the Marantz SR7001 and the Xbox 360 with hd-dvd.

I opted for the marantz because I got a great deal on it.  I'd like to move up to something nicer, but I was buying before hdmi 1.3 came out and didn't want to wait.  I got the marantz as a starter for home theater and it has 4 hdmi in's and converts componenet to hdmi as well, so only one hdmi cable needs to go to the tv and the marantz does all the switching.

Under the center speaker sits the Oppo DV-981 HD 1080p upconverting dvd player and the crappiest HD DVR I've ever used.

And a very old record player.  The top shelf was empty but it holds my xbox1 now.

And then the house was prewired and had speakers installed in the ceiling for the fronts and the back surrounds.  I'd like to swap these out for something better as time goes on but they're ok for right now.  The rest of the house is wired and has speakers in the master bedroom and upstairs loft.  These are all controlled by the marantz as well.  The sound is fairly good and its clear so I can't complain too much, but will probably be updated when we get speakers installed outside.

And last but not least, a very cheap and crappy sub until I get the money to replace all the speakers

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2007, 11:21:22 AM »
love that cabinet ed, I look at those in the magazines that appear at my house and just drool.  It would be a bad idea for me to get one any time soon, as my dog already blew out the door on my cabinet by putting his front paws on top of it.  Fortunately Ikea gave me a new hinge for it for free.

Looks good dude.  Actually, it looks ready for a team MI invasion!  :lol:
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2007, 11:47:36 AM »
That is a beautiful. 

How do like the samsung?
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2007, 12:34:27 PM »
Looks good dude.  Actually, it looks ready for a team MI invasion!  :lol:

Bring it on!  You should see pictures of the backyard - its amazing.  I'd make all you dirty hippies get in the pool! :lol: Actually, the water is great - the water temp is warmer than the weather in Michigan.

How do like the samsung?

Love it.  At first, we didn't have anything on the windows so at around 4pm-7pm the sun glared on it, but now that we got shutters put up there's no problems.  It was still watchable before, but not the best.  Now it looks great.  I can't really compare it to a plasma or lcd at that size cuz I've only seen them in stores and not in a real home setup...but I can compare the price.  That set was only around $2300 including shipping and a 3 year warranty which was a great deal at the time.

The tv is great though, it handles macroblocking very well...with hd-dvd stuff there's none to speak of and it has nice inky blacks and beautiful color.  We run everything through hdmi except the xbox1 which I have hooked up via component and the Marantz handles the upconversion on that.

I've also hooked up my laptop via the vga input on the back of the tv and it handles that very well, can read the tiniest font on the computer and does excellent with video played through that as well.

When we were buying it was between the Samsung and the Sony xrb2 of the same size.  I had read that Sony doesn't handle vga stuff that well, so I'm very happy that I went with the Samsung, no complaints whatsoever.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline Evil Taper

• Going pro...no time for taping now
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2007, 10:38:07 PM »
nice systems and no room treatments?  tune your rooms guys.
Really not very evil at all now...

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2007, 10:59:31 PM »
Here is my stereo nothing fancy.. Just your basic Axiom audio set up. But its well balanced.
I now have a flat sceen TV... :)

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2007, 07:05:10 AM »

what?  no wife?
:)

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2007, 12:10:17 PM »

what?  no wife?

LOL..

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2007, 12:51:26 PM »
I'll see if I can snap some pics of my current set-up with the house 'under heavy renovation'.  After I get the house back together I'm thinking of building these.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Evil Taper

• Going pro...no time for taping now
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2007, 04:36:06 PM »

what?  no wife?

LOL..

Very true very very true.  One of the many reasons I don't see myself getting married anytime soon...
Really not very evil at all now...

Offline shane

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2007, 11:55:34 AM »
Alright no laughing but I finally got around to snapping some pics (More like I finally got around to buying a digital camera).  This is my extremely ghetto  listening setup right now.  I'm doing work in the downstairs of my house right now so I'm exiled to the upstairs for everything not involving the actual work.  TV, movies, reading, lounging, sleep and other stuff goes in the bedroom.  Internet and music goes down in the room across the hall.  Its a a 9' x 8' sweatbox with some pretty awesome wallpaper.  It currently houses a desk with modem, phone and iBook, a set of shelves, guitar amp, some random boxes and my vinyl listening area.  It was very important to me to have some place to listen to records and this is better than nothing.  I sit at the computer with my back to the speakers about 2.5' away and have to go into the bedroom to get records.  This should only go on for another month or so and then I'll be back downstairs.

Shane

« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 10:42:36 AM by shane »

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2007, 09:38:25 PM »
Alright no laughing but I finally got around to snapping some pics (More like I finally got around to buying a digital camera).  This is my extremely ghetto  listening setup right now.  I'm doing work in the downstairs of my house right now so I'm exiled to the upstairs for everything not involving the actual work.  TV, movies, reading, lounging, sleep and other stuff goes in the bedroom.  Internet and music goes down in the room across the hall.  Its a a 9' x 8' sweatbox with some pretty awesome wallpaper.  It currently houses a desk with modem, phone and iBook, a set of shelves, guitar amp, some random boxes and my vinyl listening area.  It was very important to me to have some place to listen to records and this is better than nothing.  I sit at the computer with my back to the speakers about 2.5' away and have to go into the bedroom to get records.  This should only go on for another month or so and then I'll be back downstairs.

Shane

Are the drivers in your custom cabinets Fostex? if so how do they sound?

Chris

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2007, 09:45:46 PM »
single drivers...
i've yet to have an experience w/those.

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2007, 09:47:34 PM »
single drivers = no crossover, some consider the best way to listen to music. I would love to hear a pair too.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2007, 09:56:40 PM »
yup.  the "horn shop" products have me intrigued.  And they are not pricey either.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.102 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com