Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: tube preamp ?  (Read 1643 times)

Offline skies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
tube preamp ?
« on: January 12, 2006, 07:40:28 AM »
I've been looking for a good mic preamp for a while now and have noticed the populariry of Tube preamps.
I want to record 'pure' sounds, without any coloration so I presume a tubeamp is not what I should get.

So probably this one is good for me.
Or should I consider one with digital S/PDIF or USB output ? I find it importand that it is very sensitive, as I often record quiet sounds, no laud sounds (Not music, but sounds to create music with  ;) ).
I have an Audio Technica at822 (no phantom power needed), but am considering something like this, with it's hight sensivity of -35 dB and ability to create my own stereo field  :).

Good idea ?..

Offline Nick Culbreth

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: tube preamp ?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 08:28:04 AM »
I've been looking for a good mic preamp for a while now and have noticed the populariry of Tube preamps.
I want to record 'pure' sounds, without any coloration so I presume a tubeamp is not what I should get.

So probably this one is good for me.
Or should I consider one with digital S/PDIF or USB output ? I find it importand that it is very sensitive, as I often record quiet sounds, no laud sounds (Not music, but sounds to create music with  ;) ).
I have an Audio Technica at822 (no phantom power needed), but am considering something like this, with it's hight sensivity of -35 dB and ability to create my own stereo field  :).

Good idea ?..

If you don't want to add any coloration to your setup I'd avoild tubes, in my experience even the most neutral tubes have a slight coloration.

Offline skies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: tube preamp ?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 10:28:22 AM »
Ok thanks

If anybody happens to have something better / better value for money than the M-Audio DMP3, please tell  ;D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.545 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com