Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: HQ 3.5 mm jack?  (Read 2229 times)

Offline mattb

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Yo.
    • Matt's Page
HQ 3.5 mm jack?
« on: January 20, 2004, 12:30:33 AM »
I was thinking of adding a miniplug to my AD-20 to cut down on adaptor bulk, so I bought the only one I could find at Radio Shack (ours sucks here in the sticks). Looking at it closely it just looks like it's really low quality. Connectors look flimsy and it's plastic housing seems cheap.
I don't think I want to bother putting one of those in. What I'd rather do is get something nicer, but I'm having trouble finding anything that looks well made.
Does anyone know of a good stereo female miniplug can be found on the net? Thanks.
AT933s (C/H/O) > AT8531s > UA-5 > H120 (Rockboxed)

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re:HQ 3.5 mm jack?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 01:03:16 AM »
I was thinking of adding a miniplug to my AD-20 to cut down on adaptor bulk, so I bought the only one I could find at Radio Shack (ours sucks here in the sticks). Looking at it closely it just looks like it's really low quality. Connectors look flimsy and it's plastic housing seems cheap.
I don't think I want to bother putting one of those in. What I'd rather do is get something nicer, but I'm having trouble finding anything that looks well made.
Does anyone know of a good stereo female miniplug can be found on the net? Thanks.

i just made some with Switchcraft 1/8" stereo plug and Mogami cables.  soldering was a snap and a good tight connection to my DAT.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline mattb

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Yo.
    • Matt's Page
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 11:53:34 AM »

i just made some with Switchcraft 1/8" stereo plug and Mogami cables.  soldering was a snap and a good tight connection to my DAT.

marc

With male of female 1/8" plugs? I'm looking for female and can only find Male or really cheesy female sockets.

Where did you get them?

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 02:21:15 PM »

marc

With male of female 1/8" plugs? I'm looking for female and can only find Male or really cheesy female sockets.

Where did you get them?

sorry i misspoke.  i used Calrad male minis.  i looked up the part on Calrad.com.

30-319F

Professional quality 3.5mm stereo inline jack with strain relief.  0.26” cable opening. Mates with Calrad male 3.5mm connector 30-319.

30-319 is the male, which i used.  

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline mattb

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Yo.
    • Matt's Page
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 06:28:41 PM »

sorry i misspoke.  i used Calrad male minis.  i looked up the part on Calrad.com.

30-319F

Professional quality 3.5mm stereo inline jack with strain relief.  0.26” cable opening. Mates with Calrad male 3.5mm connector 30-319.

30-319 is the male, which i used.  

marc

Thanks. I'm specifically looking for a compact surface mounted jack, and the one Calrad has looks just like the RS ones I got. Maybe I'll give them a try afterall. Now I just need a little ribbon cable and a IDC socket connector and a little free time!
+T for the help!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com