Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What is Matrix!  (Read 6010 times)

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA bookmarks
Re: What is Matrix!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 06:13:13 PM »
Ok, I'm looking to do matrix recording.  I have SP-BMC-6 > SP-PREAMP > Nomad JukeBox 3 for the audience portion and have a nice dell xps computer with creative audicity 2 card w 1/8" line in.  The thing is, is I would like to record both to my laptop.  So I need some sort of multitrack-gain adjustable box to usb thingy.  And what would be the best program to record with?

Not sure if it would be the best because I have never done a lap top recording but for the price you can not beat Audacity.
Peace
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline ianstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • schoeps>something>something else
    • My Recordings on ARCHIVE
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 09:36:46 PM »
Answer:  What is the best most desirable recording method?   ;D

"Okay, now i'll take 'Pre's, A/D's, & Processors' for $500, Alex"

;D :P
Microphones:
CCM4v (pair)
mk6 (pair) and mk41 (pair) with kc5's & cmc6's
mk21 (1) for those M/S situations

Preamps:
Sonosax SX-M2

Recorders:
Sound Devices 722
Edirol R-01

My Recordings on archive http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=%22ian%20stone%22

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 09:33:58 AM »
all the responses here focus on post-production matrices, which involve mixing two sources of the show on your computer at home.  While that is certainly the most popular way to do things these days (4-channel recorders are readily available, and when you're mixing them at home, you can tweak things precisely to your liking), this "matrix discussion" would be imcomplete with any talk about mixing two sources at the show.

in order to mix two source at the show, it's best to have a set of monitoring headphones with good isolation, so that you can actually hear what you're doing.  but with either a dedicated mixer, or something like the UA-5 (which will mix signals from the XLR and RCA inputs), it is entirely possible to do a matrix recording at the show.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com