Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Etree torrent question  (Read 6142 times)

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Needs to get out more...
Etree torrent question
« on: February 13, 2009, 12:02:50 AM »
Hi, hoping someone can help me with bt.etree torrent uploading.  I haven't uploaded any new torrents in awhile, and I'm pretty sure I did everything properly on the upload part (announce tracker, ffp, not changing anything after making the torrent file, etc.), but on my BT client, it shows "requested download is not authorized for use with this tracker" (currently using utorrent), but otherwise shows what it should: '100%' and 'initial-seeding.' 

Question is, do the mods at etree need to individually approve every new torrent before it can start seeding, or is this something else?  This seems to be something that happened to me before but I can't recall what happened to allow it to eventually work.  Thanks for any help! 

Offline hippiemafia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Etree torrent question
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 12:04:02 AM »
no, seed away!

Offline su6oxone

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 12:05:24 AM »
no, seed away!

Ah, okay I guess I'll shoot off an email to one of the mods there.  Thanks!

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 12:07:43 AM »
that is a bug on the tracker.  it used to be much worse.  start and stop the torrent a few times and let it go.  it'll start seeding with in 2-5 mins or so (used to take 30+) and will show up on the tracker soon after that.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline su6oxone

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 12:16:17 AM »
that is a bug on the tracker.  it used to be much worse.  start and stop the torrent a few times and let it go.  it'll start seeding with in 2-5 mins or so (used to take 30+) and will show up on the tracker soon after that.

Thanks for the info, that's good to know. 

Before I read your post I noticed the torrent had spontaneously started to seed, of course, after I had sent off an email to the mods. :P

Offline Gordon

• my list
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 12:21:59 AM »
after I had sent off an email to the mods. :P

maybe if we do that every time they get off their ass and fix it ;)
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

Offline su6oxone

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 12:25:30 AM »
maybe if we do that every time they get off their ass and fix it ;)

Good idea...  ;D

Offline Jeremy Lykins

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 09:22:12 AM »

I thought that I was the only one who had to do that.  I thought that either I was stupid and doing something wrong (strong possibility) or that you had to wait a few minutes before trying to begin uploading a show and I wasn't waiting long enough.  It's a frustrating problem to encounter.  Hopefully they'll be able to fix it sooner than later.

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 09:51:03 AM »

I thought that I was the only one who had to do that.  I thought that either I was stupid and doing something wrong (strong possibility) or that you had to wait a few minutes before trying to begin uploading a show and I wasn't waiting long enough.  It's a frustrating problem to encounter.  Hopefully they'll be able to fix it sooner than later.

there is no need to start/stop a torrent to get it going with bt.etree.
in utorrent, if/when you get the "requested download is not authorized for use with this tracker" message, you can simply right-click on the torrent and click "update tracker".  it might gave you that same message for a couple of minutes, but when it says "working", you know you are good to go.

Offline Teen Wolf Blitzer

• It's all ballbearings these days.
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • I am Rattus Norvegicus.
    • Support Festival Radio
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 11:47:26 AM »
etree sucks.

Offline Gordon

• my list
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 11:56:53 AM »

there is no need to start/stop a torrent to get it going with bt.etree.
in utorrent, if/when you get the "requested download is not authorized for use with this tracker" message, you can simply right-click on the torrent and click "update tracker".  it might gave you that same message for a couple of minutes, but when it says "working", you know you are good to go.

I find it starts to seed faster if you start and stop and update tracker.  maybe I'm wrong.

Offline jefflester

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 12:31:43 PM »

I find it starts to seed faster if you start and stop and update tracker.  maybe I'm wrong.

Like repeatedly pushing the button for the crosswalk.  :D
DPA4061 HEB -> R-09 / AT943 -> CA-UGLY -> R-09
AKG CK63 -> nBob actives -> Baby NBox -> R-09/DR2d
AKG CK63 -> AKG C460B -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII
Line Audio CM4/Superlux S502/Samson C02/iSK Little Gem/Sennheiser E609/Shure SM57 -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII (multitracked band recordings)

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 12:39:17 PM »
Gotta chime in that i've always had the problem of it taking forever but my last torrent there this week:  http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=522364  had none of those problems.

Man I started that torrent and literally within 2 minutes it was off and running. No restarts or anything.   I was quite shocked to say the least.  Maybe things are getting fixed.

Offline JasonSobel

• My show list
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 12:50:15 PM »
Man I started that torrent and literally within 2 minutes it was off and running. No restarts or anything.   I was quite shocked to say the least.  Maybe things are getting fixed.

I seed tons of shows at bt.etree. (well, typically 2-3 per week).  I find the 2-3 minute time frame is what it typically takes after upload to get it to say "working".

Like repeatedly pushing the button for the crosswalk.  :D

I am a professional transportation/traffic engineer.  in some places (NYC, for example), those ped buttons are there just for show.  the buttons don't actually do anything, but people keep on pressing them because they think it'll help.  though, to be fair, in other places with fewer pedestrians, the buttons actually do call a ped phase.

Offline Jeremy Lykins

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 03:32:52 PM »
in some places those ped buttons are there just for show.  the buttons don't actually do anything, but people keep on pressing them because they think it'll help.

I KNEW it!   >:(   That's a mean and sneaky thing to do to the general public. 

Offline JasonSobel

• My show list
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 03:44:43 PM »
in some places those ped buttons are there just for show.  the buttons don't actually do anything, but people keep on pressing them because they think it'll help.

I KNEW it!   >:(   That's a mean and sneaky thing to do to the general public. 

the other thing to remember is that when the buttons don't work, its typically due to a lack of maintenence over years (or decades), and not something that was originally by design.  When we design traffic signals, we never put in dummy ped buttons.

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 05:08:23 PM »
Just like the "close door" buttons in elevators...friend of mine used to work for Otis, now does consulting for another company, and she said the "close door" buttons haven't been hooked up to anything for years, but they've kept them there because it makes people feel like they have a little control over their claustrophobic little experience...
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline Jeremy Lykins

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 05:14:04 PM »
When we design traffic signals, we never put in dummy ped buttons.

Damn........My mind was racing with an elaborate conspiracy between civil engineers and our reptilian overlords.
 :-[

Offline JasonSobel

• My show list
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 05:54:14 PM »
When we design traffic signals, we never put in dummy ped buttons.

Damn........My mind was racing with an elaborate conspiracy between civil engineers and our reptilian overlords.
 :-[

oh man... I wish.  if us civil engineers were part of some huge conspiracy, I'd probably be making some good money from that.  and then I wouldn't have to sell my taping gear to buy a house...  if you can get me touch with our reptilian overlords, let me know...  I'm ready to make a deal :)

Offline deadheadcorey

• HOME TEAM Tapir
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • think for yourself, question authority
    • My Recordings on the LMA
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2009, 08:56:45 PM »
etree RULZ YOUR FACE  ;D :P
mics: Audix M1245a-HC; AKG SE300B/CK91; Naiant X-O (hanging in the sweet spot @ Quixote's True Blue)
pres: Oade T+ UA-5; digimod UA-5
recs: R-09x3

iso: 2 ck93 caps
iso: pair of AT4041 mics

Official Archivist for Grant Farm

http://www.facebook.com/kindrecordingscolorado

Jerry Joseph rap during 'Conscious Contact'
"Life's pretty good. life's pretty good. it isn't all good.
I hate it when people tell me its all good. it's not all good.
it's not suppose to be all good. it's suppose to be bad sometimes so you can enjoy the good parts."

Offline kcmule

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 10:44:47 AM »
When I have this problem with etree, I just leave it alone for
about 10 minutes and it will start working all by itself.  I've
asked the mods at etree about this, and that is what I was
told to do... "Leave it alone, it will start".

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.12 seconds with 45 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com