Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Langerado - Who's Worth Taping?  (Read 1918 times)

Offline sickrick43

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
Langerado - Who's Worth Taping?
« on: March 05, 2004, 10:04:27 PM »
www.langerdo.com

Since I can't (don't feel like) getting them all.  Notice the "good acts" are on different stages, but starting back to back.  On time starts mean hardly enough time to move and set up again.

Wailers & Moe are definate.  Have a Photo Pass for this also.

Rick

edit:  shit, helps if you type it right:  www.langerado.com

On my way out  the door with my "festival rig".  Photo's later (if I ever get there <g> )
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 10:43:59 AM by sickrick43 »
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

Offline teajay

• Taperssection Member
Re:Langerado - Who's Worth Taping?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 06:01:48 PM »
Personally, I'd tape moe. first thing, stay set up there for the break, and tape G. Love. Take some time off and then get DBT. But who am i to say what to do? :P
Save a tree, eat a beaver

Offline teajay

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 06:03:29 PM »
And had I payed attention, I'd have realized I posted that halfway through the day of the festival... that folks, is what glenfiddich can do to you :)
Save a tree, eat a beaver

Offline sickrick43

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 01:27:25 AM »
Did Cracker, Sound Tribe Sector 9 & moe.

Everything went pretty good, up until moe.  The wookies (oh, fuck me, the wookies) were all drunk & spun out.  I ran up front, about 20 ft. off the stage.  'Bout 20 minutes in the wooks started "crowd surfing" a 5 foot blow-up smirnoff's bottle.  WE ALL KNOW, mike stands are a baloon/beachball MAGNET.  Down comes the stand, re-position the mic (without taking the windscreens off - god only knows if got it back coincident.  Then about 1:50 into the set, some drunk wookie bitch FALLS RIGHT INTO MY RIG.  Tellz me "thank you" after I pick her up by the hair - I say "how about I'M SORRY, stupid bitch".

I'm getting to old for this shit...  Lost about 2 minutes getting the JB3 plugged back in and running again.

And how was YOUR DAY?

Rick
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 08:58:11 AM »
bummer to hear about the trouble rick, but as you well know, amusing for us on the other side of the state/internet.  love to hear more from you and gray about the festival itself.   how well produced, pa sound, timing, access, should i go next year, etc...

jr
we all live downstream.

Offline sickrick43

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 10:37:56 AM »
Overall, very well organized and produced.  

I know most of the sound companies that were doing the stages.  All good quality equipment.  

The main complaint I have (aside from people that can't handle thier drugs and alcohol - but I guess if you run solo WAY FOB, there ARE risks involved - if my CAMERA got damaged my wife would have had to bail me outta jail) was the timing.  

Timing sucked.  They were running the main stages back to back, the acts were finishing late, and unless you were running 2 rigs (and had someone to watch while you were at the other stage - who's going to leave $6K worth of gear unattended), there's NO WAY you could get from stage to stage for the start of the next band, even WITH your setup in-a-bag and ready to roll.  

I patched some guy that was running mk4's on the main stage, when I was running on the east stage, so I can get what I missed off him.  (including the moe - his deck kept running)  

Plenty of port-o-potties, police presence was minimal, lots of food and bev (tho' I wish to 'po were nuking the underage wookies at the alcohol tents - being a sober drunk/addict I could go on all day about people that just can't handle getting loaded - but that's an entirely other story <g>).  

Access was good, parking was probably a bitch, but I had a media pass so I got to park close - gotta remember to thank the woman for the pass, it was a free in also, even tho' I offered to pay when I arranged it.  The "VIP Package" included a laminate on a lanyard, close parking, and access to a roped off refreshment area, worth the extra $$ - but I'll bet it drove security NUTS trying to figure out who belonged where.  Media laminate was treated like an "All Access".

Scene was very mellow, but again, towards the end (moe) everyone was so wasted from getting loaded all day, that FOB was wookie-central.  I don't get to see that too often (thank GOD, I have little patience for that kind of bullshit - "hey dude, I don't mind you screaming, but like, not in my EAR".)  Why do people come to shows to have conversations?  I'll NEVER get that either.

Overall, I'd HIGHLY RECOMMEND this festival.  It's in a metro area (for those of us that get little enjoyment from camping - roughing it for me, is the Holiday Inn instead of the Marriot <g>), lots of resturants and other facilities nearby.  Hollywood PD (who are usually HORRIBLE BALLBUSTERS) were actually pretty nice.  

They could try to have a "local talent" stage.  Missing was Crazy Fingers, who more than hold thier own as a Dead cover band (if Phil got Rich instead of Jimmy/Warren they could "get there" more often - RICH ROCKS!) and alot of other locals that are really pretty damn good.

Rick

P.S. - Stand got bent from the wookie bitch.  I've been carting that sucker around since '83.  If I hadn't been running that shelf, she would have definately damaged the gear and the camera, and cost me an assault charge...

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2004, 11:46:11 PM »
rick, thanks for the report.  besides the out of control kids, sounds great.  it was in one of those circle parks on hollywood blvd?

jr
we all live downstream.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com