Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: tower theatre  (Read 2079 times)

Offline dmbtradeforall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
    • DMBtradeforall
tower theatre
« on: May 15, 2004, 05:24:09 PM »
hey guys, im gonna try and do a stealth video job at this venue. Does anyone know if they check you at the door, if bringing in a tripod/mic stand will be allowed. The band allows taping, but im not sure if they allow mic stands or what. Anyhelp would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:tower theatre
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 05:28:10 PM »
phil and friends in spring 2000 there were plenty of mic stands.
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline dmbtradeforall

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
    • DMBtradeforall
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 07:08:02 PM »
nice i tried to birng in one at theater of living arts in philly and they wouldnt let me...said you had to clamp off the balcony , was video taping and i was pissed, hehe

Offline thoman8r

• Proud member of the reality-based community
  • Let's go Pens!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 07:50:09 PM »
There's a chance they might only let people with taper's tickets in with a mic stand though.  You'll probably be ok but it's something to think about.
"No. Don't call me a hero. Do you know who the real heroes are? The guys who wake up every morning and go in their normal jobs and get a distress call from the commissioner and take off their glasses and change into capes and fly around fighting crime. Those are the real heroes."
- Dwight Schrute

Offline dmbtradeforall

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
    • DMBtradeforall
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2004, 08:01:42 PM »
hmm could always say, im bringing it in for a friend, i wonder if that would work

taperkat

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2004, 11:01:33 PM »
Yeah, you'll have to produce the friend and even then it *is* against the venue rules because you're videoing, not audioing.

be a man/woman, either sneak it in or leave it at home if you plan to stealth or get offical band permission, then you can tell the venue to stuff it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 11:02:23 PM by taperkat »

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 09:30:49 AM »
nice i tried to birng in one at theater of living arts in philly and they wouldnt let me...said you had to clamp off the balcony , was video taping and i was pissed, hehe

Yeah...venue policy at the TLA is no stands, even for taper-friendly bands. Been that way for years.
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline pnobles

• Taperssection Member
    • ME !
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 10:20:08 AM »
they have gotten alot better though - i remember when it was more of a hassle to tape there a few years ago.  they never knew who was who and what was what.  anyway, they have gotten alot better and more friendly towards the tapers.  
Patrick Nobles
pnobles@udel.edu
http://udel.edu/~pnobles   <- check it out

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com