Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: does anyone.. [we need a rant thread!]  (Read 2847 times)

taperkat

• Trade Count: (0)
does anyone.. [we need a rant thread!]
« on: September 28, 2004, 12:34:32 PM »
ever want to duct tape people's mouths and fingers together because they bitch about things, let's say tapes that aren't converted yet, and bitch about said tapes... when this person ISN'T A FUCKING TAPER IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Rant on. What else do we want to rant about taping wise?

Offline Humbug

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Humbug Hum Rejection Unit
    • Trading site
Re: does anyone.. [we need a rant thread!]
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 01:33:04 PM »
I want to rant about the audience that messed up a tape earlier this month - it was hot sweaty, and the audience were really mean to me - yelling shit in my ear, pushing continuously. It was a mercy I got as much of the gig taped as I did - about 70 minutes of the 85 minute gig.

The band? Velvet Revolver. To be fair the audience were just responding to an amazing show.

Have I released it? Only to a couple of people, even though tons of fans want it. What I'm holding out for is another source so I can complete mine. Apparently there were three video tapers there:

http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6869&start=15

But the sources havent surfaced yet. Oh well....
UK based taper: MK4>Nbox Platinum>PCM-M10
AT853C>CA9200 / PIPsqueak>Tascam DR-2D

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Humbug66

taperkat

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 02:13:40 PM »
Oh yes.. and this said community says because I don't circulate my shows, they don't want to know I'm taping them.  ::)

Yes, please take a dig at me by saying "play this never heard before song at this show because said taper will be taping" then when I kindly remind you I tape say "well since you don't circulate it doesn't matter".

ie:
"I'm thrilled that the band loves that you tape and supports your situation. Fabulous. I'm so happy for you. I'm thrilled the band will receive copies fedexed to them overnight... I'm sure they're pining waiting for them. I don't care if you tape. If you're going to ciruclate them, awesome. If not, don't even bother telling us... it's like putting a dollar on the end of a string and making people chase it knowing that you'll never let people catch it, or in this case hear it. I would rather think a show went untaped than know that it was taped and that the taper wouldn't release it."

and then someone else PLEASE chime in:
Now, I agree with you that she shouldn't openly be saying she's taping the show, as most of us would assume that it would eventually see the light of day. But since it most likely won't be in the near future (until proven otherwise by said-mass-conversion), I think the best thing to do is just let it go. Assume you won't see it, and just ignore any mention of her taping in the future.

DO YOU EVER FUCKING THINK THAT MAYBE YOUR GODDAMN MENTALITIES  ARE WHY I DON'T FUCKING CIRCULATE?

YOU WANT THE SHOW GO TAPE IT FOR YOURSELF.

DON'T BITCH AT THE PEOPLE WHO DO TAPE WHEN YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO SPEND THE MONEY AND TIME TO TAPE THE SHOW, MUCH LESS CONVERT IT FOR THOSE WHO DO TAPE.

*ahem*

Oh, and don't remind me that the band knows the name of the BBS.. I know that. I'd have the same argument with you people in front of them or on a message board.. And the fact the band knows my situation and THEY understand it is all that matters to me...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 02:22:41 PM by Meow. »

Offline Nick Culbreth

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 02:32:05 PM »
i can kinda see where these folks are coming from, if you don't have any intentions to convert it you should probably refrain from talking about taping the show.

taperkat

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 02:53:49 PM »
here's the thing tho.. I have intentions to convert all my shows, but I'm not converting unless I get the proper equipment. That's understandable. My first move was getting the DAT for my birthday, instead of MD. I've got no job and bills, so needless to say I'm not buying equipment (save a new tbar) any time soon.

The people that are complaining the loudest don't tape any shows - at all. That's like, to me, saying that "I don't care enough to do it myself but you better be doing it for us!!!"

with this said, I"ve farmed out about 15 or more shows to someone to convert for me, so they're being done. I have over 100+ shows that I've taped and that haven't been converted... some as old as 2000. [i've also had some LOST for me by people who were supposed to convert... sigh.]

and at this point I consider myself more of an archiver - at least I'm getting the shows, and I can release them once i get the money... I don't update my tapelist for this very reason - I also don't brag about taping the shows, i just usually say "i taped it, sounds good."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 02:56:09 PM by Meow. »

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 03:04:09 PM »
my latest rant was this: i was supposed to tape last weds and friday in philly, weds a special act that my buddy wanted me to tape, i dont even remember the musicians name :P but he writes me a freakin NASTY email for not showing up, well, heres the kicker, my other buddy was supposed to take me out to philly, i can get ahold of him for a couple days, i have no way to philly at all, what should i do, i didnt go :P

well, this fucker writes me a nasty email;  saying blah blah blah, and i replied, YOU WANT SOMETHING TAPED, INVEST 5 GRAND AND TAPE IT :)

and thats one of my good philly buds, i have no clue where he lives and no gas in my car, how am i supposed to go, and on top of it, i missed charlie at the northstar on friday too, since my buddy decided he had to sleep for 2 days and fuck shit up :P

anyway, he realized what he had said and apologized, but i said, "what, you think i didnt wanna see charlie, get real" ;D
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline mikeincharleston

• Look At All These Short Hairy Men...I Feel Like I'm On The Forest Moon Of Endor
  • Too Cool For School!
    • Andolini's Pizza
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2004, 03:09:47 PM »
you want a rant...i have to go see dub is a weapon tonight.  then brotherhood of groove on thursday.  then i have to see claypool next week, then critters buggin twice the week after that.  man this sucks... ;D
"I'm not bustin' out a boat oar sober" - Scott 9/21/07

My Trade List  

Upcoming Shows/Events!!!
Phish - N. Charleston Coliseum, Charleston, SC 10/16/10 (First Show In 7.5 Years & Show #33)
The Avett Brothers - S.C. State Fair, Columbia, SC 10/20/10
Dale Waton - Broken Spoke, Austin, TX 10/27/10

taperkat

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2004, 03:19:24 PM »
and i can't probably come see the flecktones tomorrow gddamnit.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2004, 03:27:05 PM »
Hey Kat,

If you want any of that DAT transferred to FLAC master, I can do that for you...  I live in Raleigh so it woudl be easy to get togehter...  I just did a (shhh!!!) King Crimson DAT the other night...  This week I'm supposed to get 30 Keller DATs...  Last month I did 10 Barefoot Manner for Mark Terry...

Let me know...

Terry
twatts@kci.com

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

taperkat

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2004, 03:50:33 PM »
I have no experience with FLAC really, more shn, and even then I don't like either (prefer audio, but understand shn for transferring).

I might have to drop you a line, lord knows I've got more to share.

Offline neumannkid

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Shows Ive taped on the archive
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2004, 05:18:34 PM »
I may be able to help you with a couple of transfers. I live a little over an hour north of you in Atlantic Beach. Let me know.

Offline neumannkid

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Shows Ive taped on the archive
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2004, 05:19:37 PM »
you want a rant...i have to go see dub is a weapon tonight.  then brotherhood of groove on thursday.  then i have to see claypool next week, then critters buggin twice the week after that.  man this sucks... ;D

Wow how do you do it?????? ;)

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2004, 09:48:07 PM »
the only people wha have the right to whine about the timeliness of the transfers are the band and the promoter.

kat, this has come up before, hasn't it?  i thought the conversations ended up with the recommendations not to bring up the fact that you have certain shows in your possesion.  not to blunt your rant, but to keep myself from the headache of these whining fools, i just wouldn't say anything.

jr
we all live downstream.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com