Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need help on getting (stealthy) stuff in..  (Read 6093 times)

Offline Hman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Need help on getting (stealthy) stuff in..
« on: May 02, 2007, 06:17:46 AM »
I'm taping for about a year now.. only stealth, and what I find one of most difficult things, is how to get your recordingstuff into the venue. Most of the times I hide my recorder&batt.box in my underwear, and my mics in my shoes/soxs.

What I'd like to known is if there are any other more easier ways to get your stuff in. If I see that some people in the past got in D8-DATs & SD-MP2 preamps.. these are pretty big for stealthing if you ask me. Nowadays some people sneak-in SD722/744s.. pretty big recorders.

Does someone here can give me some advice about this??

And what about metal-detectors. Which actions could be taken than?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Need help on getting (stealthy) stuff in..
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 08:07:16 AM »
I'm taping for about a year now.. only stealth, and what I find one of most difficult things, is how to get your recordingstuff into the venue. Most of the times I hide my recorder&batt.box in my underwear, and my mics in my shoes/soxs.

What I'd like to known is if there are any other more easier ways to get your stuff in. If I see that some people in the past got in D8-DATs & SD-MP2 preamps.. these are pretty big for stealthing if you ask me. Nowadays some people sneak-in SD722/744s.. pretty big recorders.

Thanks in advance!

Hi most people will not answer this question in public.. So you might want to request a PM response.. Because doing any kind of stealth involves not openly talking about techniques.. I have made posts in the past talking about some stealth techniques and got a friendly reminder that its not good to talk about how you do things.. :) Because it tips off the "man"  ;)

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Hman

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 08:30:47 AM »

Thanks in advance!

Hi most people will not answer this question in public.. So you might want to request a PM response.. Because doing any kind of stealth involves not openly talking about techniques.. I have made posts in the past talking about some stealth techniques and got a friendly reminder that its not good to talk about how you do things.. :) Because it tips off the "man"  ;)

Chris

Ok, well thanks for the information!
I want to invite people then to PM me, if they want to share their story..

Thanks again!

Offline evilchris

• Taperssection Member
  • Audio, ergo sum.
    • dimwell.net
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 09:10:40 PM »
Also -- Realize that some no-taping shows give heavy pat-downs while others just wave you in.
nothing > nada > R-09

Offline roggae

• Taperssection Regular
  • "Gay for Trey"
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 07:45:23 AM »
Veune security does read this stuff
mlsc1->iRiver

Offline bconnolly

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Serious Business
    • Serious Business
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 01:05:03 PM »

Has that ever been proven or is it hearsay and speculation?

Offline Josh P

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 01:42:36 PM »

do you want to push your luck?  ;)

I don't think there's any way to prove security reads these boards.  But to say someone with a security background/influence on security has never seen these boards in naive.  And as far as I'm concerned the more people that are aware of stealthing, the harder it willl be for stealthers to do what they do.

Thanks in advance!

Come on man, what kind of answer are you looking for?  Do you think these stealthers have a secret compartment on their bodies where they put these 722s?  You can get a watermelon in if really want to.  Make friends with someone.  Make up a lie.  Sneak in the back.  I don't know.  Its going to be different for each situation.

The best advice when taping in a new venue is to go to a show without stealthing but imagine you are.  Go through all the motions.  Study security routes, watch how patdowns are done, look for an ideal hiding/taping spot.  You'll get a better idea for what you're getting into for sure.  There is no sure fire way to stealth.  Its takes balls, luck, and a little innovation, thats it.

Good luck!

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 03:04:50 PM »
15 years ago I was a security myself besides many other jobs and I knew all secret places already BUT never said anything  and told the guys to send me a copy of their recording when I found some taping machines or mics.....we were looking for weapons and bottles only...of course taping was(is) NEVER allowed in Austria but I already was a taper myself back then so I wished them good luck for their stealth session instead of "calling police" ;).
1st: SONY PCM-M10 + DPA 4060's + DPA MPS 6030 power supply (microdot)
2nd: iPhone 5 + "Rode iXY" microphone/"Zoom IQ5" microphone

Offline joekar

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 05:36:58 PM »

Your probably right, I doubt if Veune security reads this stuff....But I'll bet that venue security reads it......

Good Luck,
jk
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 05:38:37 PM »

Proven.  :-X
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline JackoRoses

• lost cause
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 05:42:47 PM »

that wasn't too many moons ago either was it?
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline joekar

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 05:51:13 PM »
I've had people from a taper un-friendly band "quote" stuff to me directly from these boards.....

>:D,
jk
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 06:01:38 PM »
that wasn't too many moons ago either was it?

No comment on this or any other incident that may or may not have occurred.  :-X
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

nameloc01

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 07:38:43 PM »

Todd Fox, TOOLS main security/anti-taping/dickbag is a member of this forum, and has even posted here prior to TOOL tours warning people not to try it.so i'd watch what you say as far as stealth tactics, and also watch what you say about any seating issues ( ie. " i got a good tic for the show... floor row 4 seat 5 !!" ) people do this all the time,it pretty much makes you a sitting duck for security.

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 03:46:41 AM »

so i'd watch what you say as far as stealth tactics, and also watch what you say about any seating issues ( ie. " i got a good tic for the show... floor row 4 seat 5 !!" ) people do this all the time,it pretty much makes you a sitting duck for security.

change seats with your neighbour so he gets busted and doesn´t know what the hell is going on HAHAA- just kidding! ;)
and to be REALLY bad, TAPE all this on VIDEO from a safe place! ;)
1st: SONY PCM-M10 + DPA 4060's + DPA MPS 6030 power supply (microdot)
2nd: iPhone 5 + "Rode iXY" microphone/"Zoom IQ5" microphone

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com