Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need new software for Vista machine  (Read 1885 times)

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
Need new software for Vista machine
« on: March 21, 2008, 07:23:45 AM »
OK, so I built a new machine this year & now I need some mastering software. I have loaded Audacity & CD Wav which are the main two I always use. I am looking for a mastering software that will allow me to work in 24 bit, save files larger than 2gb, swap channels & has an easy to use MS plug in. So am I asking for too much or what? Plus I don't want it to cost a fortune, almost forgot that one!
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
    • Homepage
Re: Need new software for Vista machine
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 09:50:54 AM »
Have you looked through the software links in the sticky section? I'm not a Vista user (thank god!), so I can't help you any more, but people have listed a ton of software in that thread.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 09:55:51 AM »
I did look through them but I haven't found something that people are using exclusively with Vista. For instance I have used & enjoyed Wavelab in the past but unless I buy the latest version of it there is no support for Vista. I tried to load it on the current machine with no luck then checked the support web page & found the no support for Vista problem. So I figure before I cough up the cash I want to make sure people are using the software on a Vista machine & it will do what I need without problems.

I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline Sloan Simpson

• Trade Count: (1)
    • Southern Shelter
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 05:11:09 PM »
I did look through them but I haven't found something that people are using exclusively with Vista. For instance I have used & enjoyed Wavelab in the past but unless I buy the latest version of it there is no support for Vista. I tried to load it on the current machine with no luck then checked the support web page & found the no support for Vista problem. So I figure before I cough up the cash I want to make sure people are using the software on a Vista machine & it will do what I need without problems.

There is an unofficial patch floating around to make Wavelab 5.01b work in Vista, but it says it will only work for that specific version.

Offline momule

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 06:01:58 PM »
I ran Wavelab 5.01a on my lappy which has a license for both XP pro & vista premium.  When ya install you just need to right click on the installer and choose XP sp2 compatibility.  also need to install with Admin privileges.

Worked for me at least.
Nick
AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 02:35:13 AM »
OK, so I built a new machine this year & now I need some mastering software. I have loaded Audacity & CD Wav which are the main two I always use. I am looking for a mastering software that will allow me to work in 24 bit, save files larger than 2gb, swap channels & has an easy to use MS plug in. So am I asking for too much or what? Plus I don't want it to cost a fortune, almost forgot that one!

Samplitude is the finest piece of software that I have ever used. the LE version is only around 50-75 bucks I believe. Mr. Skalinder and a couple others use it. Does all that you mentioned.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com