Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Lynx sound cards  (Read 1283 times)

Offline jaz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Lynx sound cards
« on: November 30, 2008, 10:49:41 PM »
   Is there any other PCI or PCI express sound card that has the quality of lynx? I ran 300+ transfers through the M-Audio Delta 1010Lt and it was purchased used. It worked great. But since the days of that card I have bought a new Amp...the Art SLA-1 and some old Cerwin Vegas. I feel this set up needs some good clean sound going to it. Not to mention I am Working through 200 DAT masters and 100 or more Cassette masters as well. I need A card that will not Do me wrong. If anyone has some input that would be great. Thanks!   
the rig...... playback PC-> Lynx l22 -> ART SLA-1 -> Cerwin Vegas (Vintage)
Mics, AKG c1000s , ART m-1's, CA-14 Omni
PREAMP, Shure FP-24, ST-9100
Mixer, for multi mic live shows...Edirol m10-dx
on the go tunes flacs... Cowan 60gig Iaudio x5

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Lynx sound cards
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 11:23:18 PM »
Any bit-perfect soundcard will work just fine for your DAT transfers.  Analog transers and playback are another story.  You're best off performing analog-to-digital (for cassette transfers) and digital-to-analog conversion (for playback) outside the computer.  Do you have an ADC or DAC at your disposal?  What's your budget?
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline jaz

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 11:41:11 PM »
   I picked up the Edirol m10-dx Its a great little unit for A/D conversions and it also runs on 8AA batteries. It's very cool at the shows we've run six mic mixes dumped into the MT2 but any way back to the sound card..... So about 300-400$ I need good clean (noise) free play back as well. So as far as the DAT transfers DAT deck via COAX into __________ sound card?  The the big Question is a noise free high end sound card that folks know works. Ive spent tons of cash on this stuff and its unfortunate that most of it is not built to last at any price!!  300-400$ would be MAX.  THANKS!!!!!
the rig...... playback PC-> Lynx l22 -> ART SLA-1 -> Cerwin Vegas (Vintage)
Mics, AKG c1000s , ART m-1's, CA-14 Omni
PREAMP, Shure FP-24, ST-9100
Mixer, for multi mic live shows...Edirol m10-dx
on the go tunes flacs... Cowan 60gig Iaudio x5

Offline shnflac

• Taperssection Newbie
  • It's aLL about the Music.
    • Lossless Legs
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 08:31:06 PM »
Im a fan of Lynx for soundcards..after that its component per component to get all one Lynx card offers..for my ears its the only soundcard that does A>D justice

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com