Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: how do I take my recording and edit it into individual songs and edit out  (Read 6540 times)

runonce

• Trade Count: (0)
A shareware license typically doesn't mean the author would like you to donate, or that you may donate if you wish.  A shareware license typically requires purchasing a license if used beyond the trial period.  Just because an author chooses not to make the software "crippleware" beyond the trial period (like CD-Wave) doesn't make the license optional.  It's compulsory.  From the website:

Quote from: http://www.milosoftware.com/en/index.php?body=download.php
You can try it [CD-Wave] for a period of one month (31 days). If you wish to continue to use it after that period, you must register [i.e. purchase a license].

Brackets and emphasis mine.

More discussion here.

Anyway...IMO, it's a no-brainer to pay $15 for s/w that has proved so helpful to me over the years.  It's a pittance compared to what I've spent on gear, concerts, etc.

Lately, there have been almost daily posts proclaiming CDwave to "Free" - tapers need to get this right - especially in light of all our crowing about bootegging.

I wonder how many folks here are bootlegging CDWave?

Offline Shadow_7

• Taperssection Member
I use sox to chunk out audio segments from a larger file.  Mainly because Audacity seems to only save 16 bit formats (or less).  Sox lets you retain a 24 bit version until you use Audacity to apply EQ, hard limit, normalize, and other stuff.  And if you need to do one thing a lot of times sox is more scriptable.  Not for the meak, but an option.  And you can be precise on the SBE issue.  You can do it in Audacity to, but you've got to be aware of it, and use those time things at the bottom.  Since click and drag doesn't align with 1/75 second intervals by itself.  At least not in the version I have.  And/or at my user level.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Lately, there have been almost daily posts proclaiming CDwave to "Free" - tapers need to get this right - especially in light of all our crowing about bootegging.

I wonder how many folks here are bootlegging CDWave?

Good point, I registered mine today...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
Mainly because Audacity seems to only save 16 bit formats (or less).

Audacity will save to multiple word length formats.  Just need to configure it to do so.  See sticky at top of forum for a thread outlining the configuration settings.

You can do it in Audacity to, but you've got to be aware of it, and use those time things at the bottom.

Not sure about those time things at the bottom, but I vaguely recall you simply need to set Audacity to align the cursor to CD frames (1/75).  It's been a while since I've used it, though.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline dean

• Akustische u. Kino-Geräte!!!!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • The Dude abides...
Not sure about those time things at the bottom, but I vaguely recall you simply need to set Audacity to align the cursor to CD frames (1/75).  It's been a while since I've used it, though.

Explained perfectly right here with screen shot:
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=125789.msg1730367#msg1730367
Light weight: Sound Pro AT 831 or MBHO's > tinybox > D7 or Samson PM4's > Denecke PS-2 > D7
Slutty weight:  [MBHO MBP 603A + (KA100LK/KA200N/KA500HN)] and/or [AKG C 414 b xls (omni/sub-card/card/hyp/8)]  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's/other xlr's > Oade T & W Mod R-4 or UA-5 (BM2p+ mod.) or JB3 or D7

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deanlambrecht

Offline Shadow_7

• Taperssection Member
Maybe it's a side effect of growing up on MS-DOS, but I find this easier / quicker for me:
$ sox input.wav output.wav trim 00:00:00 00:01:00

Plus I can do an echo "....." >> what_i_did.txt
or cat ~/.bash_history > log.log if I'm lazy. 

But I guess I'm the exception, not the norm.  This way if I need multiple outputs / minor adjustments / other things I've basically recorded my work history / undo list.  Plus it's easier to tell others exactly what I did step by step.  And all I need to maintain a copy of is the original and the small .txt work history.

Not that audacity can't do all of the above too.  I just find it a little too needy for large projects.  The things at the bottom let you manually type a timestamp for your edit points.  It looks like it's a dockable toolbar.  It's the one with the project rate on it (selection toolbar).  I just toyed with labels...  ick...

Tracks -> Add Label Track
select a range on the WAV...
Tracks -> Add Label at selection
Analyze -> Regular Interval Labels
(change 60 to 1/75 ?)

I seem to need to redo the analyze step and add label step at every segment I would want to be a CD track.  Or is there some other way to make that work?  Audacity Version 1.3.5-beta.  In either case it seems a bit needy for something as mathmatically simple as making the length of a selection a multiple of 1/75.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.211 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com