Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Why am I not getting the same results out of my new Church Audio Mics?  (Read 2239 times)

Offline kdj432

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
I bought some Church Audio Binaural mics about 4 yrs ago to use with my Sony MZ-M100 and they sounded Amazing!  Then they were stolen  :(.  I bought what I thought were the same mics in March and I'm not getting the same results.  Same setup as the old days:  mics straight into the mic input, low sens, recording 4 pc band (2gtrs, bass, drums) 10x10 cinder block shed.  I have the rec level set somewhere around the middle with the mics about 5 feet away and the bass is distorting like crazy. 

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
I bought some Church Audio Binaural mics about 4 yrs ago to use with my Sony MZ-M100 and they sounded Amazing!  Then they were stolen  :(.  I bought what I thought were the same mics in March and I'm not getting the same results.  Same setup as the old days:  mics straight into the mic input, low sens, recording 4 pc band (2gtrs, bass, drums) 10x10 cinder block shed.  I have the rec level set somewhere around the middle with the mics about 5 feet away and the bass is distorting like crazy.

binaural is just a microphone configuration. which mics of his do you own?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_recording

mic in is your reason for distortion. try line-in.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline kdj432

• Taperssection Newbie
the mics were listed as 'Binarual mic 4 LS-10 Microtrack 2 R09.  Will try the line in but I thought the preamps on the mic input could handle this setup.

Offline nameloc01

• Taperssection Member
  • Cleveland,USA
generally, you are better off running a power supply for the mics and going "line-in"...you'd be very hard pressed to overload your recordings going that route.
ATu853 (c/o)
Denecke PS-2
Sony MZ-M100 (x2)
Sony PCM M-10
Ixxx XX-X
Ixxx XX-X

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46018790@N03/sets/

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...

I dont know what mics you have but. I think you have my pro binaural mics they handle a max spl of 110 db with a battery box. If you can send me a pic of the mics you have via pm I can tell you what they are.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com