Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 2 Tech questions-Sector Boundary errors and Flacs  (Read 3503 times)

Offline Boedi-taper

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Support Your Local Senior Taper!!!!
2 Tech questions-Sector Boundary errors and Flacs
« on: June 13, 2010, 11:20:16 AM »
Hello!
Ok,here is my question,maybe someone can help me: Question: I uploaded a show a few weeks ago for the 1st and only time to Dimeadozen.I used CD wav editor to split the tracks and then Traders little helper to transfer the wav files to flac.When I downloaded the show to CD after uploading,there were no SBE's(Sector boundary errors).Everything came out good.Now,I am trying to download a show to CD from another source that I did through CD wav editor then to traders little helper.On this new source,I can't extract the flac files to Winamp,to where winamp automatically extracts the flac files to wav files,to where it burns to CD.I know when I download a show from a torrent site,winamp automatically burns the flac files to wav files and I'm able to make a CD.So basically now I am extracting the separate wav files from this source to Winamp,to where it does make a CD,but now has sector boundary errors.And likewise,I can't burn Flac to CD using Winamp fromm this source.Confusing? Yea probably.Anyway,when I use Traders Little helper to fix the SBE's,it can't do it.If anyone has any help/suggestions,I'd very much appreciate it! Thanks!

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
Re: 2 Tech questions-Sector Boundary errors and Flacs
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 12:25:11 PM »
Dave,

When encoding wav > flac with TLH, don't forget to check the box "Align on sector boundaries using"  Set the drop down box to "fix".  Its located in the lower left , above the big "Process log" box.   ;)

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 12:30:39 AM »
you can also flac directly from cdwave when you save the files.  when doing 16bit I did it all the time.

oh and burrrn is the shit for burning.  I wouldn't use winamp.  burrrn will burn the flac to cd without having to convert first and it's free, small footprint and works in vista and 7.

oh and you said tlh can't fix them.  why not?  what error?  does tlh show sbe's when you analyze the files (show audio details)?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 12:32:45 AM by Gordon »
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline splumer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Go ahead, try this at home
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 08:48:33 AM »
you can also flac directly from cdwave when you save the files.  when doing 16bit I did it all the time.

oh and burrrn is the shit for burning.  I wouldn't use winamp.  burrrn will burn the flac to cd without having to convert first and it's free, small footprint and works in vista and 7.

I've always heard that you get more burn errors when burning from flac, rather than from wav. Is that true?
"Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be here. "
 - Lawrence Krauss

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 11:20:38 AM »

I've always heard that you get more burn errors when burning from flac, rather than from wav. Is that true?

never had a problem using burrrn or nero.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline jibooer

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Searching for the perfect jam...
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 12:37:14 PM »
winamp is finicky - nero always works for me, although I usually convert first
Mics: AKG c460b (ck61, ck62, ck63, ck1x, ck3x), NBob Actives, Naiant Actives, ADK A-51TL
Pres: Lunatec V2, Sound Devices MP-2
Cables: GAKables exclusively, AKG MK46, Naiant PFA's
Recorders: Edirol R-09HR, Edirol R-44
CPU for DSP: Toshiba Satellite A660 i7 > audioengineD1
Cans: ATH-50
VINYL: Rega Planar 3 > Rega Brio-R > Wharfedale EVO2-30

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com