Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Possible blown Von Schweikert VR-S1 sub  (Read 2448 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
Possible blown Von Schweikert VR-S1 sub
« on: September 13, 2010, 09:06:21 AM »
I've owned it about 2 1/2 years. Bought it on Agon as B stock. Thing was basically brand new. Fired up the system on Saturday and as soon as the sub powered up I noticed a loud humm/buzz. Started thinking ground problem. Turned on the amp and the sound out of the sub is completely distorted. 2 weeks ago it was working fine. It has worked flawlessly since the day I got it and has been in the same system. Nothing has changed. I use a Monster HDP 2400 power center and the sub is plugged into it. I use the line level pre out on my integrated for signal. Tried plugging into a separate outlet to see if I could lose the hum. No Luck. Switched from pre out to speaker outs and no luck. The sound is totally fried and the hum is loud.

Anyone have any experience with this? I sent an email to Von Schweikert but I'm sure the warranty will not be honored(see website). Any east coast service centers?

Thanks, Tony

Update: The Chinese made amp is toast. It only had a 1 year warranty and VSA no longer uses this manufacturer. It is being replaced with an American made Adcom product at cost. I get to do the switch. :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 02:13:01 PM by ts »

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
Re: Possible blown Von Schweikert VR-S1 sub
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 11:14:32 PM »
Wonder if it was the plague of the bad capacitors?

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
Re: Possible blown Von Schweikert VR-S1 sub
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 07:49:48 AM »
Maybe?? He did say they have a good stock of the new amps and they will put the VR1 sub back into production.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com