Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AKG C422  (Read 13272 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: AKG C422
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 03:51:07 PM »
I ran it there one Magfest and one Springfest ('08/'09 I think), you'd probably remember if you saw it since it was rigged upside down on the stand with the shockmount at the top along with my TV antenna spaced 4060s.   I originally bought it to use there in place of the larger, more unwieldy Blumlien-rigged ADK TLs, but found I prefer it up close, like on stage or as a close vocal/acoustic guitar mic.  Since I usually I run multiple of mics at Suwannee I try to keep it all small and light to be more easily managable so it's tough for any LD to make the cut on a practical basis.

I've seen several LSD2's there over the years, but can't remember seeing any other stereo LD mics.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 03:53:11 PM by Gutbucket »
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2012, 04:09:31 PM »
[threadjack follow up..]

I was currious and found a couple blurry section photos from Mag'08 on the computer here.. The P-Stereo is upside-down on the front most stand, looks like your velcro wrap-around-clamp rig right under it, no?  The antenna spaced omnis are one row behind on a seperate stand.

musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2012, 04:22:29 PM »
That's me.  I guess I didn't realize that was the Peulso.  I'll pay more attention next time!
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2012, 04:36:24 PM »
[as long as I'm screwing around on a Friday posting pictures in the wrong thread, here's a few more for you Colin.  Have a great weekend everyone]

Photo I took of a handful of the usual suspects on Sunday the following year at Mag'09.  I didn't have a rig up that day, but I can tell that was the year David ran his 20' wide split Neumanns to matrix with the SBD based on the stand with the purple mic cable on the right.  That was near the end of the low-power ampitheater FM broadcast and open SBD patch Magfest era.

Springfest '08 with the ADK TLs up front in Blumlien which the Peluso replaced that fall at Mag, someone's LSD2 immediately behind, TV antenna 4060s and the mics feeding the FM broadcast behind that.. probably the most organized year ever in the section there, check out the perfect alignment of micstands one behind the other-

The old free for all patch and power table-

Some of the reasons why- 

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2012, 08:20:12 PM »
Who snagged this?  $1,700 shipped, w/ no windscreen.  In very good shape.  Nice score.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261099380604?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Offline chinariderstl

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • https://chris-finn.com/
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2013, 05:26:58 PM »
Marking thread.  I want one!  ;)
Mics: Audio-Technica AT853's, Avantone CK-40 (Busman mod), Busman BSC1's, DPA 4022's, DPA 4060's
Pres: Apogee Mini-MP, Core Sound Battery Box
Decks: Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2D, Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
Power: Initial RB-270, Naztech PB15000
LMA: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Chris+Finn%22

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com