Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Has anyone tried the MJE-384K Roadster capsule from Michael Joly for rode nt5  (Read 3218 times)

Offline melrorecording

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • https://archive.org/search.php?query=Ross%20Figved
    • ebay store
I came across this when I was looking to order omni capsules for my rode nt5 pair, I listed to the sound bites comparing them to schoeps and km 184 but this is only on close mic application has anyone heard of this guy or used his mics or capsules, thought I would ask the community before shelled out $300 for a matched pair

http://www.oktavamodshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=229
Mics: Matched rode nt5 with stock card, omni , and MJE-384K "Roadster" - Capsules /  AKG C 414-ULS/SE Special Edition Stereo Set / Line Audio 2xOM1 2xCM3, Rycote WS
Stands & Mounts: SRS SHAPEWAYS MIC CLIPS ORTF,NOS,DIN, XY for rode, ortf & Wide ORTF for Line Audio / Grace Design blumlein Bar / GAK omni bar/ Bogan, nu-era, and impact Stands
Shock Mounts: Shure, Rycote, Line Audio 
Petrol,porta brace Bags
Pre's Sound Devices 442, 2X neve 5012 portico, Grace Design V3
A\D Mytek STEREO192 ADC X2
Deck: HDP2 X2, H4, DR-05, Motu 8 pre, DR-680MK2v, HS-P82
Battery's: tekkeon MP3300 X4, Naztech PB15000 X6, GAK power cables
GAK Custom mic cables

Offline 2manyrocks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Joly posts over at Gearslutz.com and there are numerous threads over there about his various modifications although this is the first time I've heard of these caps for the NT5.

For about the same money, you can buy Line Audio CM3s (capsule built into the body) which have a pleasant sound and are liked by Voltronic and me on TS and liked by others on Gearslutz.  I have both CM3s and NT5s.  Since getting the CM3s, the NT5s never leave the closest. 

Offline melrorecording

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • https://archive.org/search.php?query=Ross%20Figved
    • ebay store
Well I ended up getting and very happy with them used to record on stage for New Riders of purple sage check the archive soon
Mics: Matched rode nt5 with stock card, omni , and MJE-384K "Roadster" - Capsules /  AKG C 414-ULS/SE Special Edition Stereo Set / Line Audio 2xOM1 2xCM3, Rycote WS
Stands & Mounts: SRS SHAPEWAYS MIC CLIPS ORTF,NOS,DIN, XY for rode, ortf & Wide ORTF for Line Audio / Grace Design blumlein Bar / GAK omni bar/ Bogan, nu-era, and impact Stands
Shock Mounts: Shure, Rycote, Line Audio 
Petrol,porta brace Bags
Pre's Sound Devices 442, 2X neve 5012 portico, Grace Design V3
A\D Mytek STEREO192 ADC X2
Deck: HDP2 X2, H4, DR-05, Motu 8 pre, DR-680MK2v, HS-P82
Battery's: tekkeon MP3300 X4, Naztech PB15000 X6, GAK power cables
GAK Custom mic cables

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com