Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What's causing these clicks?  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Japanofile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
What's causing these clicks?
« on: March 09, 2014, 01:52:45 AM »
Hi.  I'm getting occasional clicks when recording from my digital keyboard.  I'm running two mono 1/4" TS cables from the rear AUX OUT (L / R) into an M-Audio USB interface, and then into my computer for recording via USB connection. 

I'm attaching an iZotope RX2 screen shot in which you can see one such click; it spans the entire spectrum from top to bottom as a narrow band. 

Any idea what's causing this problem?  And what can I do to remedy this situation?

kirk97132

Re: What's causing these clicks?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 04:17:19 PM »
Hi.  I'm getting occasional clicks when recording from my digital keyboard.  I'm running two mono 1/4" TS cables from the rear AUX OUT (L / R) into an M-Audio USB interface, and then into my computer for recording via USB connection. 

I'm attaching an iZotope RX2 screen shot in which you can see one such click; it spans the entire spectrum from top to bottom as a narrow band. 

Any idea what's causing this problem?  And what can I do to remedy this situation?
I always use DI's on keyboards.

Offline 2manyrocks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 12:25:34 AM »
Could be system latency on your PC.  Download dpc latency checker and see if your system services are eating up too much PC resources.  You might have to turn off some of them to get system latency down to a useable level.  http://www.thesycon.de/eng/free_download.shtml

Offline Japanofile

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 06:52:28 AM »
I've got two DI boxes; I'll give them a try.  I'll also check for latency issues.  Thanks for the suggestions.

runonce

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 07:54:59 AM »
Also, double check the sample rates/bit depths on your M-Audio device and your recording software...

kirk97132

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 08:39:12 AM »
Also, double check the sample rates/bit depths on your M-Audio device and your recording software...
Runonce's post also reminds me that with multiple pieces, you might need to check the clocking source.  You don't mention what you record ITB with but it should probably be using the M-audio as it's clock source

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com