Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Pre Amp battery power for CA 9200

<< < (3/3)

nak700s:

--- Quote from: eman on June 20, 2017, 04:26:19 PM ---I ran a time test and I think I was up to 3 hours on the 8.4V before shutting down to go out and record a show (on another battery).

--- End quote ---

eman, I run a typical 9V Alkaline between 20-25 hours easily, so your rechargables may not be all they're cracked up to be?

Church-Audio:

--- Quote from: eman on June 20, 2017, 04:26:19 PM ---While we have you on the line, Chris, I was wondering if there's any point in investing in rechargeable 9V batteries? Specifically I'm looking at the Powerex and there is a 300Ah 8.4V and a 230Ah 9.6V. Would that 8.4V unit power a CA9100?
http://www.mahaenergy.com/batteries/

Edit: I bought the batteries and charger, this seems to have plenty of juice for several sets of music. I ran a time test and I think I was up to 3 hours on the 8.4V before shutting down to go out and record a show (on another battery). I bought the Powerex charger for AAs and AAAs as well and this is a nice unit, really gives you a better understanding of what kind of juice is really in your batteries. It told me to throw out more than half of the NiMHs that I had and re-conditioned the ones that were still good. You can set the charge and discharge rates for optimum run time.

--- End quote ---
Yes get rechargeable batteries I have been using the EBL 600mah batteries and they are great they fully charge to 8.6v and with double the ampacity of a regular 9v 300 mAh You can get them cheap on ebay. Sorry for the super long time it took me to respond. I have not been spending much time in forums lately as my two business keep me hopping. Hope my response helps?

eman:
Yup. Thanks.
I was getting around 6 hours from alkalines, so maybe my CA is not all yours is cracked up to be? And when I said "before shutting down" I meant that I shut it down manually so still haven't completed testing. I ran for probably 6+ hours yesterday with the 8.4V Powermax.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version