Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Internal mics question

<< < (58/59) > >>

drivingwheel:

--- Quote from: perks on October 10, 2017, 03:43:26 PM ---I haven't been able to reconcile the desire for stable video yet no concern about using audio that has noticible phasing. Wouldn't the same standards apply for both captures? You can mock hippy tapers all day but if they have their mics stationary on a stand they aren't introducing phasing to their recordings unless it was caused by a blowing in the wind. The answer my friend is blowing in the wind. The answer is blowing in the wind.  :headphones:

--- End quote ---

Standards and logic go out the window when dealing with the supposed greatness that is Steve Hagar.

Pffft.   I'm just so over it; I'll just pass.  Just not worth it.   

The loser is going on ignore here, as well.

furburger:

--- Quote from: bombdiggity on October 10, 2017, 03:24:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: furburger on October 10, 2017, 12:28:09 PM ---
mic stands and "audio only" are SOOOOOO late '90's.....stable video is where it's at, multi-cam even moreso

--- End quote ---

LOLZ. 

I was recording video likely before you were knee high to a grasshopper there whippersnapper (ever seen a VHS-C?).  Most of those sounded "90% as good as" or whatever that shifting standard of standardness is (just plugging in a compatible mic). 

These days for me I'm over video (it's so 80's to me).  I rarely bother unless the musician asks me to and I feel like dealing with it.  I'd much rather enjoy being there experiencing the show real time and hear the show later in really nice quality if I want to listen to it again. 

Priorities and times change...

--- End quote ---

remember when dime had a waiting list (capped at 100K users)?

now it's down to under 60K

if you wanna be in the minority, that's kewl, but most of those folks migrated to yootoob.

#justsoyouknow

--- Quote from: drivingwheel on October 10, 2017, 03:36:41 PM ---
mic stands and "audio only" are SOOOOOO late '90's.....stable video is where it's at, multi-cam even moreso

--- End quote ---

LOLZ. 

I was recording video likely before you were knee high to a grasshopper there whippersnapper (ever seen a VHS-C?).  Most of those sounded "90% as good as" or whatever that shifting standard of standardness is (just plugging in a compatible mic). 

These days for me I'm over video (it's so 80's to me).  I rarely bother unless the musician asks me to and I feel like dealing with it.  I'd much rather enjoy being there experiencing the show real time and hear the show later in really nice quality if I want to listen to it again. 

--- End quote ---

He sends 16 bit internal mic sources to be synced to his video to dorrcoq; Steve has likely never actually processed, EQed, FLACed, md5ed/ffpED, then upped and seeded a single one of his own shows, much less synced video to audio.

He loves to puff his chest out, but recording shows with stolen decks and with tickets that others buy for you and hard drives and SDs that others supply because you haven't supported yourself outside of growing pot and selling old merch in your adult life (we can get your ex-girlfriend in on this, if you wann get down...) while nailing middleaged Midwestern nappy D is his only source of pride...

--- End quote ---

neither.
have.
you.

you have your buddy do it for you.

and he's not that great at is at that....what's his name, "hucklive", or something like that.

Jeremy, you've been sour grapes since your years in prison as a teen.

it's prolly not gonna change for you at this stage, unless you change.

--- Quote from: drivingwheel on October 10, 2017, 03:46:15 PM ---

Standards and logic go out the window when dealing with the supposed greatness that is Steve Hagar.

--- End quote ---

yet.
here.
you.
are.

lack of vagina is a precursor to the sourshorts known as Jeremy. the guy whose bored (sic) name is based on his band that no longer exists, as his bandmates bailed on him.

like his roommates.

and woman.

and employer.

it's sad, really.

:snickers:

acidjack:

--- End quote ---

LOLZ. 

--- End quote ---

Maybe this counts now as "off-topic" but I think the general "shift to video" is interesting. It's pretty close to undeniable that a crap YouTube clip will still be seen by many more people than will hear most actually-good recordings. Or at least I think that's probably the case.

I'm with you, though.... for one, doing video seems like a way, way bigger distraction and hassle both at the show and even more so afterward. Two, I personally don't care about watching videos at all. Maybe it's a generational thing, but I prefer to get information from reading, and music from listening. Video is for TV shows and movies.  I would get little to no additional enjoyment from having vids of all my shows.

drivingwheel:

--- Quote from: furburger on October 10, 2017, 04:06:27 PM ---

--- End quote ---

LOLZ. 

--- End quote ---

if you wanna be in the minority, that's kewl, but most of those folks migrated to yootoob.

#justsoyouknow

--- Quote from: drivingwheel on October 10, 2017, 03:36:41 PM ---

--- End quote ---

LOLZ. 

--- End quote ---

He sends 16 bit internal mic sources to be synced to his video to dorrcoq; Steve has likely never actually processed, EQed, FLACed, md5ed/ffpED, then upped and seeded a single one of his own shows, much less synced video to audio.

He loves to puff his chest out, but recording shows with stolen decks and with tickets that others buy for you and hard drives and SDs that others supply because you haven't supported yourself outside of growing pot and selling old merch in your adult life (we can get your ex-girlfriend in on this, if you wann get down...) while nailing middleaged Midwestern nappy D is his only source of pride...

--- End quote ---

neither.
have.
you.

you have your buddy do it for you.

and he's not that great at is at that....what's his name, "hucklive", or something like that.

Jeremy, you've been sour grapes since your years in prison as a teen.

it's prolly not gonna change for you at this stage, unless you change.

--- Quote from: drivingwheel on October 10, 2017, 03:46:15 PM ---

--- End quote ---

yet.
here.
you.
are.

lack of vagina is a precursor to the sourshorts known as Jeremy. the guy whose bored (sic) name is based on his band that no longer exists, as his bandmates bailed on him.

like his roommates.

and woman.

and employer.

it's sad, really.

:snickers:

--- End quote ---

Huck has done some...Otter has down some...other folks on here have done a couple...but there are several that I have EQ'ed, tracked, FLACed, md5ed and made the torrent file with TLH, uploaded to the tracker and seeded myself.

You don't even have your own internet - you trade your welfare Meals on Wheels to the elderly lady next door to use her wifi.   PATHETIC.

And my board name, well...we all can't use a euphemism for female genitalia; some of us have matured beyond a fifth grade emotional level.

As for the band...you have no idea, but I'M the one who pulled the plug and quit booking dates, I'M the one who left my job, I'M the one who broke up with my now -ex (who is still a very good friend)...

We broke up because I'm buying a house in MO; she wants to live in IL.

Not like your gf (who is still on my fb to this day) who specifically said that she couldn't deal with you any more because you are a selfish sociopath who refuses to get a job and grow up...

so let's talk about how sour I am...because we all know, the more you're trying to slam someone...the more you're trying to deflect all  your own insecurities onto someone else.

"and.
it.
SHOWS!"

bombdiggity:

--- Quote from: furburger on October 10, 2017, 04:06:27 PM ---

--- End quote ---

LOLZ. 

--- End quote ---

#justsoyouknow

--- End quote ---

Never once have I ever done anything in taping for how many people might see or hear it.  It's not about seeking approval for me or my efforts or about a majority or a minority.

If I recorded for what other people like the most I'd have gone to a lot of really shitty shows, listened to a lot of noise and hardly enjoyed any of it. 

YMMV. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version