Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Suggestions for a small stealth deck (like pcm-10) but with balnce controls

<< < (2/7) > >>

yug du nord:

--- Quote from: adrianb on August 15, 2017, 02:50:05 AM ---Is the PCM-D100 too big for you? I've managed to stealth with it in my jeans pocket, with the advantage that it provides 5v PIP which has been enough to ditch the battery box or pre-amp.

--- End quote ---

curious..  with what type of mikes?

lsd2525:
Run the M10 and even out the channels in post

adrianb:

--- Quote from: yug du nord on August 15, 2017, 11:45:59 AM ---curious..  with what type of mikes?

--- End quote ---

For stealth a variety of Church Audio mics, mainly the CAFS, but also AT853. I know Chris Church always maintains his mics require 9v, but I've always had good results using the PIP from the D100 even in loud shows.

I picked up my second unit secondhand for £315 ($400)

nulldogmas:

--- Quote from: lsd2525 on August 15, 2017, 11:47:35 AM ---Run the M10 and even out the channels in post

--- End quote ---

Yeah, any reason you don't want to do that?

jb63:
The Marantz PMD 620 has the least amount of metal of any small deck besides the Korg MR-1.
The 620 gets about 4 hours on a good set of batteries, the MR-1 needs you to have an external battery pack (4 AAs or a small phone charging battery.)

The 620 will power sonic studios mics so probably also church mics. That's about as light as I can imagine.
I think punkjazz used to use the Sony M10 to power DPA 4061 mics, which sound better with 48v, but will still work with whatever the M10 was outputting.

I haven't been wanded in years and I haven't had the metal detectors yet.
What will they let you bring in? Batteries? Phone accessories?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version