Gear / Technical Help > Photo / Video Recording

Generated VHS video and audio files are not in sync after multiplexing!

<< < (2/2)

EmRR:
My best guess is you have a sample rate conflict between audio and video.  I've had that experience on a Mac system, where it would play fine in the editor but exhibit drift once rendered.  Changing audio from 44K1 to 48 so it matched video was the solution in that case.

Could be entirely wrong! 

VHS....we're not talking about simple tape speed drift are we? 

Pittylabelle:

--- Quote from: EmRR on March 31, 2018, 10:10:22 AM ---My best guess is you have a sample rate conflict between audio and video.  I've had that experience on a Mac system, where it would play fine in the editor but exhibit drift once rendered.  Changing audio from 44K1 to 48 so it matched video was the solution in that case.

Could be entirely wrong! 

VHS....we're not talking about simple tape speed drift are we?

--- End quote ---

No, there is no sample rate conflict between audio and video. As I said, it's the original AC3 Audio in 48 kHz of the original MPEG file. The original MPEG file is in sync.

But when I demux the original MPEG file and multipex the two demuxed files, the new file is not in sync.

beatkilla:
I've done something similar to what you are doing by using MPEGstreamclip   from squared5(free)

And also Sony Vegas Pro.

You should be able to do it with just MPEGstreamclip though.

Pittylabelle:

--- Quote from: beatkilla on March 31, 2018, 06:24:40 PM ---I've done something similar to what you are doing by using MPEGstreamclip   from squared5(free)

And also Sony Vegas Pro.

You should be able to do it with just MPEGstreamclip though.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip-off. I'll try that out and report later on the result. ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version