Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Picked out computer opinions needed I'm a tech idiot

<< < (3/3)

heathen:
Do you require that it's a laptop?  A desktop gets you much better bang for the buck.

billydee:

--- Quote from: MakersMarc on April 19, 2018, 10:43:19 AM ---Holy shit Dave this is worse than buying a car. :facepalm: I just need the equivalent basic transportation, no gaming here. Don't care about sceeen size or memory, everything she going on outboard drives. Might just go with first choice if it lasts five years I'll be happy. I do everything except music processing on iPad.

--- End quote ---
Marc, in my humble opinion and for your stated basic audio processing needs, the machine(s) you've picked out should be just fine. The only thing I would change on either of your choices is that I would up the RAM to 16gb.

rocksuitcase:

--- Quote from: billydee on April 19, 2018, 11:59:07 AM ---
--- Quote from: MakersMarc on April 19, 2018, 10:43:19 AM ---Holy shit Dave this is worse than buying a car. :facepalm: I just need the equivalent basic transportation, no gaming here. Don't care about sceeen size or memory, everything she going on outboard drives. Might just go with first choice if it lasts five years I'll be happy. I do everything except music processing on iPad.

--- End quote ---
Marc, in my humble opinion and for your stated basic audio processing needs, the machine(s) you've picked out should be just fine. The only thing I would change on either of your choices is that I would up the RAM to 16gb.

--- End quote ---
I tend to agree. If it were my choice out of these two: I'd go with the Win10 machine but make it 16GB RAM as billydee suggests. For that price, if it lasts 3-5 years you will have gotten your money's worth.
I HAVE used Lenovo, and purchased them for clients; no build complaints aside from that odd track eraser thingy; HOWEVER warranty work is 100% mail-in which I and my clients find not optimal. Mine is a work situation, so you would probably be fine, just no computer for the 5-10 business days it takes to process.
One aside; for any laptop, buy the longest, best warranty you can afford. (i.e. I ALWAYS get Apple Care on a iPad, but rarely get accidental coverage on Dell towers. [same type of warranty/different names]) 

MakersMarc:
Thanks all most appreciated!

MakersMarc:

--- Quote from: Ben Turnbull on April 19, 2018, 09:05:51 PM --- :bigsmile: I didn't mean to scare you, bud. But if I know you at all, you "may" not know what questions you need to ask.  ;)  Most of my drivel was aiming at making the audio processing a more expeditious process for you. Perhaps in your waning years you have a more relaxed pace to life and what you've picked out will work just fine for you. I do second upping the RAM to 16gb.

Good Luck, Pard'  :coolguy:

--- End quote ---

Waning years? Nah????

Do appreciate the help!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version