Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

CD Wave issue

(1/3) > >>

AbbyTaper:
I've used this program a million times and never had this issue.  When I loaded a file tonight it played, but there was no sound.  I tested the file in various other programs (Foobar, Sound Forge, Adobe Audition, iZotope RX) and the sound was there.  I tried turning the computer off and back on, and uninstalling and reinstalling the program, with no success.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dennis

vanark:
I seem to remember something like this once - not sure if reinstalling fixed it?

There is a playback output setting in Preferences - did that get set to something wonky? Microsoft Sound Mapper I think will use whatever the system uses, or you can specify a specific output.

AbbyTaper:
Thanks, Rory.  Setting it to "Microsoft Sound Mapper" didn't work, setting it to "Speakers (Audioengine D1)" which is my DAC and my sound default didn't work.  Setting it to "Speakers (High Definition Audio)" works - sort of.  I get sound now, but through the computers internal speakers, rather than through the DAC/headphones.   I guess seeing as it is only used for splitting files, this will suffice.  Really weird, as I had used the program earlier in the day and had not turned the computer off in the meantime (or done any Windows updates).

vanark:
Yeah, that isn't good.

Here is the installer if you want to give a reinstall a shot. I assume you've shut down the machine and restarted already.
https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/vJ9M8WlMpr

Gordon:

--- Quote from: vanark on February 24, 2024, 07:59:16 AM ---I seem to remember something like this once - not sure if reinstalling fixed it?

--- End quote ---

CD was having this problem but I just assumed user error on his part.  Now I believe him  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version