Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

where can i find a decent price on a DAT player with optical to transfer DATS

(1/1)

wordgroove:
anyone got advise where to get a DAT with optical to transfers some old dat masters

i tried ebay and only parts

thanks u much tapersection folks

Taz

AbbyTaper:
This guy might transfer them for you

https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=204266.0

goodcooker:

Keep an eye out for a Fostex D5. I've had good success with these still being up to the task despite their age.

I got my first one from an auction house in Alameda as part of a studio liquidation auction. I picked up another one later for a decent price and it found a home with another taper. I bought two Tascam DA30 along the way but both of them developed issues.

Reverb and some of the other resale sites have them pop up every once in a while.

I'd be willing to do some transfers for you. I don't have a ton of free time but it will get you started while you look for a suitable deck. Shoot me a PM if interested.

kindms:

--- Quote from: wordgroove on February 27, 2024, 10:38:07 PM ---anyone got advise where to get a DAT with optical to transfers some old dat masters

i tried ebay and only parts

thanks u much tapersection folks

Taz

--- End quote ---

if you need optical you can always go spdif >hosa odl converter > optical. they were bit perfect when posted about here years ago

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version