Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Channel Islands Audio VDA-1  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Channel Islands Audio VDA-1
« on: August 10, 2004, 03:46:03 PM »
thinking of trying another DAC, I was curious if anyone had any thoughts on the Channel Islands Audio VDA-1? It seems to have good revies at audioasylum. sure would be nice to find a good DAC for a very affordable price....

thinking this paired with the Toshiba 4960 might make for a nice little package :)

http://www.ciaudio.com/
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
Re: Channel Islands Audio VDA-1
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 11:57:29 PM »
A friend of mine has one. He said w/ the "optional" external power supply (VAC-1, I think), it holds its own against many pricier DACs. Whenever he makes it out here, I'll get to hear it myself and do some comparisons with him.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline Tim

Re: Channel Islands Audio VDA-1
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 09:22:23 AM »
thanks Matt... I'm not expecting it to be a world beater but I'd like to give it a whirl. I kind of figured the power upgarde would be worth it.

+T
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com