Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3 firewire not connecting  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
JB3 firewire not connecting
« on: January 07, 2005, 07:44:49 PM »
Help please:

I got a new pc running XP.  My JB3 and playcenter worked fine on the old pc, but not on this one.  I've loaded the creative s/w and everything works fine when using the usb cable, but not the firewire cable.  (Same with both of my JB3's, so it probably isn't the unit itself but some s/w or driver issue.)  Works normal with usb, but when you plug in the firewire cable, it automatically brings up the creative playcenter software (so it must be recognizing that the firewire is connecting to the jb3), but then playcenter says the player is not connected.  The pc says the firewire card is working fine (not that I'd know where to get a driver for it anyway).

I've tried uninstalling the creative software, rebooting, reloading the creative software, rebooting again and then plugging in the JB3.  Same deal, firewire connection automatically brings up playcenter, but then playcenter says the player is not connected.

Any ideas?
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: JB3 firewire not connecting
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 07:46:33 PM »
check the creative website for new drivers.  That's what I did, and it fixed this prob.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Startstop

• Taperssection Regular
  • Pastafarian
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 12:53:10 AM »
Im having the same problem. I think i have the newest driver...pfife could you provide a version # please?

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 09:51:28 AM »
i am in the same boat for the past 1.5 years.  firewire sux, unless it works.

Offline Startstop

• Taperssection Regular
  • Pastafarian
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 12:20:57 PM »
I was looking through the nomadness forums and found many people having the same probs. Some think it is SP2 related but it seems this firewire problem is larger then just removing sp2.

I am debating re-formating and re-installing everything. If anyone has any tips before i go to that extreme i would greatly appreciate it.

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 12:32:15 PM »
Thanks pfife for the suggestion, +T.  I did check the creative site for driver updates before but got nowhere.  But after your post, I started searching again.  As far as I can tell, the creative site (creative.com) has no support for the JB3 at all, can't even pull it up as a product they have downloads for.  But after first going to the nomadness site, I came across www.nomadworld.com, which appears to be a creative site for the nomad line.

No problem getting the driver I needed from nomadworld.com.  Just go to the downloads/drivers/applications link on the main page, select mp3 players/digital mp3 players/Jukebox 3, select your language and OS (XP for me), and you can get the driver updates you need.  For me running on XP, I needed to download driver JBDrvWHQL_1_20_04c.exe, and that worked fine.

I also downloaded Creative NOMAD Explorer (Version 3.01.10), which is an alternative JB3 file management application instead of PlayCenter.  As the name suggests, it appears to be much more like the Windows Explorer file management system, though I haven't played around with it too much yet.
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com