Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mac USERS! (soundcard/Peak LE/bit torrent questions)  (Read 5930 times)

Offline brianp

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Shows I've taped on LMA
Re: Mac USERS! (soundcard/Peak LE/bit torrent questions)
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2005, 03:22:07 PM »
Sound Studio is awesome and *real* simple, great for 2-track editing and real similar to Peak without all the buggy issues. Spark is nice as well, but overkill for me and I dont like the interface at all. I do use Spark over Sound Studio for resampling though.
SBD>MR>C>D>CD>EAC>SHN

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2005, 08:36:49 AM »
Yeah - Sound Studio is REALLY slow for processing but I don't do too much other than fades and track splitting. Occasionally I'll normalize and read a few novels in the meantime ;) but I tend not to do shit if I don't know what I'm doing...
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
    • Homepage
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2005, 04:59:15 PM »
What he said and on top of that they still have a 2 gig limit.  The fact that it remains in Peak 4 is just asinine. 

Well, I understand why they leave it there, and it really does suck for us, but it also makes sense. Right now none of the standards are written to except anything larger than 2 GB. The Wave64 isn't a true standard, it is one vendor making up a way to get around the problem. Of course this means that their standard isn't going to work everywhere, and that's what Steve wants to prevent with Peak. Again, we don't have to agree with him, but he has stated multiple times that when the standards committees come out with a standard that supports more than 2 GB, so will he. Until then, he isn't changing his application.

The problem is we're all starting to use devices which can write more than 2 GB at a time.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2005, 10:07:37 PM »
What he said and on top of that they still have a 2 gig limit.  The fact that it remains in Peak 4 is just asinine. 

Well, I understand why they leave it there, and it really does suck for us, but it also makes sense. Right now none of the standards are written to except anything larger than 2 GB. The Wave64 isn't a true standard, it is one vendor making up a way to get around the problem. Of course this means that their standard isn't going to work everywhere, and that's what Steve wants to prevent with Peak. Again, we don't have to agree with him, but he has stated multiple times that when the standards committees come out with a standard that supports more than 2 GB, so will he. Until then, he isn't changing his application.

The problem is we're all starting to use devices which can write more than 2 GB at a time.

Wayne

What's wrong with SDII extended?
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2005, 10:30:05 PM »
what about sound studio 2?  i downloaded that and it seems to have a very user friendly interface.  i checked out spark and have no clue where to  even begin.
thanks for the input,
c.

oh scott- quick xACT question...when i minimize the window and bring it back up it won't let me decode files...says something like internalerror yadayada.  any insight?

to be honest, i've never minimized the app. i usually use it and quit, or hit apple-H to hide (hey john kelly i said APPLE instead of COMMAND....hehe)

i'll check it out though.  it might be a dumb interface thing where it loses track of something when minimized

I minimize it all the time when decoding. Never had any issues. Maybe a problem with Jaguar? I'm running Panther.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2005, 12:45:51 PM »
FWIW,
I have used PEAK VSTwith OS9.x for 4 years with very little problems and excellent customer support.  I still haven't upgraded to OSX for a variety of reasons, but it sounds as if I will have to change programs when I do.
There are a few strange things I guess I have gotten used to, but is has down all I needed it for.  that said, I do not record to laptop and do not store 24/96 files.
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Offline taktheride

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2005, 06:30:38 PM »
does anyone have a dmg of the free version of spark?  I can't find it anywhere....?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com